• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10 Barrel ?

TV66

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Just picked up an Eagle Arms AR10 with an unthreaded barrel. Getting it threaded and wondering if it can be cut back to 18 inches with the current gas set up or will that screw it up? Figured some here had tried it and would know. Thanks

Re: AR10 Barrel ?

Just have a good smith do it. I run a 18.5" with a rifle length gas system and it runs like a champ

It's possible to get a rifle length gas running on a 16" barrel 100% just a matter of figuring out the proper port size. Armalite DPMS are usually overgassed to begin with so you shouldn't have a problem cutting it down.

i cut an AR10 barrel down to 18" on my AR10T. had some problems cycling, but they were solved by using a rifle length AR15 buffer spring with the AR10 buffer

Sounds like a go then, thanks guys. Just wanted to hear it from some who know before I pulled an "OH CRAP". T

+1 for CLint @ Heavy Buffers great guy and quality parts. I only run his buffers in my AR platform rifles and highly recopmmend them to all my customers that buy build kits.