• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10 build complete, now I need a scope

tacgnut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Just received my upper from the builder, it has the old style receiver, fiberglass FF tube and a 22" Shilen 1/10 twist barrel that has a barrel contour similar to the Armalite heavy taper profile.
Now I need a scope. Was considering the Burris Black Diamond in 4-16 with mil dot or one of the Leupold tactical style 4-14X (VXIII or MK4) depends on the loan officer.
I have no particular use for this rifle, just always wanted an AR10.
Any thoughts?
What about the Nikon Tactical scopes? any experience?

Re: AR10 build complete, now I need a scope

What's your budget? You'll want something to shoot out to 600+. I own 2 Night Force NXS and love them to death. I also own a new Leupold 8.5-25X50 long range target, 30mm tube and side focus with target knobs and a VX-3 6.5-20X40 EFR on my Cooper .22lr. Both Lupy's are great in my opinion. It seems it's in fashion to bash Leupold now but I love mine. Check out Scott at Liberty Optics here on the Hide, both my Leupolds came from him. I have built a new AR-15 and am courting the new Night Force NXS 2.5-10X32, Light, compact but enough power to do me to 500yds.