• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10 BUILD : What Receiver SET and What GAS BLOCK? Click Adjustable (TOOL-LESS)

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
AR10 BUILD : What GAS BLOCK? Click Adjustable (TOOL-LESS) WHAT Receiver Set?

Ok- I scratched my pre-built/factory AR10 itch with the Seekins SP10. Several updates have posted- I DID shoot it, but did not have enough time for groups as I got to the range so late in the day the sun was at a terrible angle and I did not bring the scope shade. So took me way too long to get it sighted in.

So now, I want to build a lightweight AR10 AND probably want to upgrade the gas block on the Seekins to ideally a Tool-Free and ideally no set screw option. I am going to use a suppressor most of the time but want the option to quickly change settings if I don't/can't.

Open for suggestions to get away from set-screw adjustable gas blocks

Considering:
Seekins Adjustable (lever) some say the adjustment is too wide?
Aero Precision (click) this one is rumored to not have enough gas flow for AR10?
RifleSpeed (barrel click) might be ideal but spendy/heavy, requires straight gas tube?
What else?
I have an SLR Titanium AGB but that uses a set screw...

AR10 Receiver Set, Considering:
V Seven Harbinger (Lightweight)
Wilson Combat (Lightweight)
Suggestions?

OR - just buy a POF Revolution DI or Rogue Piston?

Reactions: Top O' Texas
the rifle speed gets good reviews from users . I use the SLR on mine and will try the rifle speed on my next build if I do one.

I used to run SLR on everything. Both titanium and nitride versions. After trying one riflespeed.com adjustable gas block I switched all of them out.

I used a paint pen to bracket the unsurpassed setting, and circled the suppressed setting. Easy peasy, and if ammo or some other issue arises where I need a little more gas, its as simple as turning up the dial. Simple and elegant solution. It is what I wanted in an adjustable gas block all along.

I'm unaware of any Aero "tool-less" AGB. The Riflespeed seems to be the antithesis of a lightweight build.

Last edited:
Reactions: Not_A_Llama
Buy my unfired Mega MATEN MML with Bartlein CLE and SLR AGB. 😂

Not lightweight though.

• Haha
AR10 BUILD : What GAS BLOCK? Click Adjustable (TOOL-LESS) WHAT Receiver Set?

Ok- I scratched my pre-built/factory AR10 itch with the Seekins SP10. Several updates have posted- I DID shoot it, but did not have enough time for groups as I got to the range so late in the day the sun was at a terrible angle and I did not bring the scope shade. So took me way too long to get it sighted in.

So now, I want to build a lightweight AR10 AND probably want to upgrade the gas block on the Seekins to ideally a Tool-Free and ideally no set screw option. I am going to use a suppressor most of the time but want the option to quickly change settings if I don't/can't.

Open for suggestions to get away from set-screw adjustable gas blocks

Considering:
Seekins Adjustable (lever) some say the adjustment is too wide?
Aero Precision (click) this one is rumored to not have enough gas flow for AR10?..huh???? not true
RifleSpeed (barrel click) might be ideal but spendy/heavy, requires straight gas tube?
What else?
I have an SLR Titanium AGB but that uses a set screw...

AR10 Receiver Set, Considering:
V Seven Harbinger (Lightweight)
Wilson Combat (Lightweight)
Suggestions?

OR - just buy a POF Revolution DI or Rogue Piston?
ap works just fin
I'd go riflespeed here however, reviews are excellent

Are you wanting a very lite weight AR10? I have a 20" barreled 308win bare weight @ 5# 6ozs. If the adjuster protrudes beyond the handguard most can be adjusted with a piece of brass. The toolless has limits on adjustability (3-9 clicks) compared to 15+ on the rest. SLR is the way to go on Ti blocks. Buffer weight is going to where the increase in weight will be if not using a lite weight bcg (-4 to 6ozs). Don't use a jp-scs as it will weigh overall combined more than conventional spring and buffer combo. I've tried getting weights by adding up all the parts weight and it always weighs more by at least 4ozs. I have a lite AR15 build that weighs 3# 12ozs and hold 1.25moa with military ammo fast fired (360 rounds under 3 minutes).

Last edited:
I have two 2A Arms Xanthos lightweight receivers. One is a 20” 6.5 CM that weighs 6.5#, the other is a 16” 308 that weighs 5.9#; no optics or mags in those weights. I could make them both lighter if I used carbon hand guards. I had titanium SLR AGBs on both, but recently put a riflespeed on the 308 and I love it, so much in fact that I ordered one for the 6.5; they are worth the weight. I need to re-weigh the 308, I’m not sure how much it weighs stripped now.

On your list I would go with V7 and Riflespeed; save the weight with a carbon hand guard and titanium bolt. I would also seriously consider the Xanthos.

Last edited:
I have two 2A Arms Xanthos lightweight receivers. One is a 20” 6.5 CM that weighs 6.5#, the other is a 16” 308 that weighs 5.9#; no optics or mags in those weights. I could make them both lighter if I used carbon hand guards. I had titanium SLR AGBs on both, but recently put a riflespeed on the 308 and I love it, so much in fact that I ordered one for the 6.5; they are worth the weight. I need to re-weigh the 308, I’m not sure how much it weighs stripped now.

On your list I would go with V7 and Riflespeed; save the weight with a carbon hand guard and titanium bolt.
+1 on the Xanthos!

On a side note: Anyone know the gas block journal size of the stock SP10?

Out of stock everywhere

What is the weight difference between Wilson Combat (no Fwd assist/Lightweight) vs V Seven Harbinger vs Xanthos?
Somewhere from 6-10ozs depending on forged or not. It could be more? It's been 6 ir more years last I built it.

With an cf stock (depending on mfgr), handguard (depending on mfgr and length), titanium muzzle device, cf grip and recoil setup @ 20" barrel it's easy to keep it under 6# dry with full mass dcg. With lots of titanium and cf parts getting down to 5# is possible. Keep in mind you can get some steel lighter than cf barrels (BSF will be the lighter weight in cf than proof, bartlein and most others).

Out of stock everywhere

What is the weight difference between Wilson Combat (no Fwd assist/Lightweight) vs V Seven Harbinger vs Xanthos?

2A was bought out by Nemo Arms and they are closing the 2A brand. I have a Xanthos too and it's a nice set.

2A was bought out by Nemo Arms and they are closing the 2A brand. I have a Xanthos too and it's a nice set.

I just got on their website and saw that. I hope Nemo keeps making their stuff and just rebrands it. It would be a shame if the Xanthos receivers were no longer being made!

• Sad
I just got on their website and saw that. I hope Nemo keeps making their stuff and just rebrands it. It would be a shame if the Xanthos receivers were no longer being made!
Maybe their magnum receivers will be lite? Having a 300wm under 8# would be nice!

Reactions: KYAggie
I'd just get a Revolution DI and be done. I actually have a Riflespeed gas block on the way for mine. I use them on a few of my rifles and they're great as is the POF. Very solid and just runs. I'd get it over the Rogue no question.

On your list I would go with V7 and Riflespeed; save the weight with a carbon hand guard and titanium bolt. I would also seriously consider the Xanthos.

What is better about the Rifle Speed AGB? Is it just the toolless adjustment?

Is it just the toolless adjustment?

“JUST the toolless adjustment”. That’s a reason in and of its self for certain. I can make adjustments whenever and wherever needed without having to look for a tool put it in a tinny sport. It takes a gross motor skill to adjust it and it can be done with your eyes closed; the tooled ones take a fine motor skill and good eyesight.

Other than that major advantage, they also have many different pistons you can put in it to really fine tune if you want or need that.

Now if they would only make a titanium one that was super light. I’m sure it would be very expensive, but probably worth it on two of my guns.