• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Ar10 feed cone dimensions

flyfisherman246

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2017
I’ve been running a 30 degree feed cone going about .030” deep on ar10 chamber ends with JP extensions. If you go much deeper you’ll be loosing case support. The problem I’m having is getting 6 creedmoors to feed with berger hybrid bullets. The elds feed just fine but that long skinny nose of the hybrid slips through the feed ramp and slams into the back of the barrel below the cone. Does anyone have a feed cone dimension that has proven to work with 6 mm hybrids and they are willing to share? I would imagine .22 creed would be even worse and want to play around with some of those in the future as well. Thanks

Reactions: Earnhardt
Just heard back from JP and they basically told me to pick a different bullet. I guess a better question would be has anyone been able to get the 6mm hybrids to feed? If so what does the feed cone look like? Also what barrel extension was used? Thanks

Just heard back from JP and they basically told me to pick a different bullet. I guess a better question would be has anyone been able to get the 6mm hybrids to feed? If so what does the feed cone look like? Also what barrel extension was used? Thanks
I can't help much yet. I just chambered a 6 creedmoor with a JP extension, I cut the feed cone at 45 degrees to .030" depth(case web still completely supported). If the bergers don't feed I don't see many other options. The tenon can't be any longer and the cone can't be any deeper.

I'm contemplating the gas port size for a rifle +3 suppressed. Thinking of trying .0625" to start with.

Reactions: Earnhardt