• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10 for PRS

Slate264

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2019
    Hey everyone looking for some guidance and insight regarding AR10 platform for PRS.
    Ive been competing with bolt rifle now for few years with good success but thinking to switch gears and learn the gas platform. I understand it won’t be as competitive as the bolt system(different tool for different job) but nevertheless would like to understand and apply the concepts that make gas guns competitive.
    From quick research I have done, it seems like one of the biggest issues in the gas platform for PRS and positional shooting is the attachment point that houses 4 things: upper receiver, barrel, barrel nut and hand-guard. From what I understand some manufacturers like seekins, jp, lmt created their proprietary ways around this issue with various ways of attaching handguard to the upper. Those system are also very pricey in comparison to just putting one together yourself. Are there any other manufacturers out there that I didn’t mention that avoid this issue? What are other options out there?
    Beside the above mentioned attachment point issue are there any other aspects that you get with those proprietary systems mentioned above, that wouldn’t be possible if you assemble one yourself? And how crucial are they in competition?

Thank you for your help

Reactions: MuleyTime
    Aero M5 enhanced is another option with handguard attachment.

I prefer Seekins, not just for the handguard system, but also ambi-controls. Being able to drop the bolt with my trigger finger while I’m on target and not having to move my support hand is really nice to start a stage.

Reactions: Slate264
    I've been running a large frame in 6.5 CM for several years, advice, don't. But it is fun.

My Rig:
    Mega Maten with a monolithic upper (~2014 12" Quad rail, true monolithic blame LMT patent)
    22" JP Supermatch 6.5 CM, Bolt, Thermal Dissipator, 3 Port Brake, Light weight BCG, Silent Capture +2 Tungsten, Adjustable Gas Block
    Triggertech Adaptable 2 Stage (~2.75lb total pull)
    Magpull PRS Light Stock (shorter LOP and better weight balance over the PRS Gen 3 I took off)
    American Defense 18oz weight, used to help the ballance
    Harris Bipod
    ARC MBRACE sporting a US Optic B-25

Training: K&M Comprehensive 4 day rifle course in TN
    Rounds down the tube: 2800-3000 reloads and factory
    Load of choice: Hornady 6.5CM, 140 ELDM, AA4350 44.0gr, CCI BR2 ~2700-2720fps stdev ~6-12 depending upon batch
    Average 5 Shot grouping at 100yd and 300yd lands between 0.38-0.43 MOA, barrel is starting to open up to 0.7 MOA after 2600 rounds.

Do's:
    1) AMBI bolt release is very helpful, I use it often
    2) AMBI Safety 45-60 degree throw: You'll use the right side most often
    3) Quality and stiff upper is worth it (Seekins, MEGA). Aero M5 I don't know, small frame version leaves some to be desired in my experience but still an improvement.
    4) Trigger: 2-Stage is my preference and like it around 2.75-3lb, also use it for hunting so keep that in mind
    5) 0 Angle Grip, same as most PRS bolt guns
    6) Try to get the CG loaded mag in front of the magazine well by 3-4 inches, just like your bolt gun setup likely
    7) Make sure your check rest does not interfere with your charging handle. PRS Gen3 you have to use the longer spacer or you will not have enough stroke, then your LOP will be crazy long. I'm 5'10" for reference.

Don'ts:
    1) Skimp on Barrel or Upper
    2) Mismatched bargain bin parts. Yes, if your savy you can make it work but can require a lot of tuning and you'll want better later on. Buy once cry once.
    3) Scope rings, buy quality. Between the hand guard and optic try to get rings with 20-30moa that you won't have to use a cheek riser that will interfere with the charging handle.

Hack: Lancer 10 rd Mags can be modded to fit 12 rounds easily (some stages are 12 rounds it helps)

What I would do differently:
    -Longer Hand guard, 12" does not have enough real estate (Bag, Bipod, ADM weight is too crowded), post deer season I'll be fixing this with a machined extension and not requiring the ADM weight. MEGA MATEN 16" Upper is my recommendation. https://www.zevtechnologies.com/mega-maten-mml-billet-upper-receiver-with-16-m-lok-handguard
    -Barrel: My experience with JP has been terrific and starting to observe a decline in accuracy recently. Still weighing options between a 6.5CM Bartlin or 6GT from GAP. A heavier barrel would help with the rifles balance. So would a suppressor, but haven't tossed in my hat yet. I have a hard time spending twice as much for a slight improvement in group size, granted better balance.

Technique: No more free recoil, you'll shoot high every time.

There was a guy who placed pretty high, I think maybe somewhere in 6th-10th place, at Steel Safari in 2016 with a JP LR-07 in .260 Rem, shooting 107gr SMKs really fast.

Hardest thing with a large frame gasser in PRS is maintaining your sight picture. I have beaten almost everybody in certain stages where the gas gun gave me an advantage or I just shot better, but never overall for the match. This was mainly with .260 Remington shooting 130gr Berger VLDs at 2820fps.

If I had done my stage management better and spent more time with the rifle, I would have placed higher.

My 2-man team took 2nd at a military Sniper match in Finland in 2008 with my Royal Marine mate shooting a 700/AICS in .25-06 spitting Bergers at over 3000fps, and me shooting a GAP-built .308 gasser spitting 155 Scenars at 2820fps. I think everyone else in the match was running bolt guns. I cleaned the last stage faster than anyone else, which required engaging UKD targets from 3 different positions you had to run in-between, and a 5-minute par. Many teams didn’t even make it out of the first position.

Stage management is more important than caliber or action type, but the best shooters who bring their light-recoil 6mms will typically take the top 3 placements nowadays because they have minimal sight picture disturbance, know how to shoot from many years of training, and especially know how to manage the stage with the most efficient execution of bodily movements.

If you’re going to put in the time to be competitive enough to place within the top 10 with a gasser, you might as well shoot a bolt gun and get better prize table winnings (prize tables I’ve seen over the years have tens of thousands of dollars of top-end scopes, barrels, actions, rifles, shop services, brass, reloading equipment, nylon gear, packs, clothing, ammo, etc.).

I say that as a stubborn, filthy gas-gun guy who has insisted on bringing gassers to many matches since 2007.

I've been running a large frame in 6.5 CM for several years, advice, don't. But it is fun.

My Rig:
    Mega Maten with a monolithic upper (~2014 12" Quad rail, true monolithic blame LMT patent)
    22" JP Supermatch 6.5 CM, Bolt, Thermal Dissipator, 3 Port Brake, Light weight BCG, Silent Capture +2 Tungsten, Adjustable Gas Block
    Triggertech Adaptable 2 Stage (~2.75lb total pull)
    Magpull PRS Light Stock (shorter LOP and better weight balance over the PRS Gen 3 I took off)
    American Defense 18oz weight, used to help the ballance
    Harris Bipod
    ARC MBRACE sporting a US Optic B-25

Training: K&M Comprehensive 4 day rifle course in TN
    Rounds down the tube: 2800-3000 reloads and factory
    Load of choice: Hornady 6.5CM, 140 ELDM, AA4350 44.0gr, CCI BR2 ~2700-2720fps stdev ~6-12 depending upon batch
    Average 5 Shot grouping at 100yd and 300yd lands between 0.38-0.43 MOA, barrel is starting to open up to 0.7 MOA after 2600 rounds.

Do's:
    1) AMBI bolt release is very helpful, I use it often
    2) AMBI Safety 45-60 degree throw: You'll use the right side most often
    3) Quality and stiff upper is worth it (Seekins, MEGA). Aero M5 I don't know, small frame version leaves some to be desired in my experience but still an improvement.
    4) Trigger: 2-Stage is my preference and like it around 2.75-3lb, also use it for hunting so keep that in mind
    5) 0 Angle Grip, same as most PRS bolt guns
    6) Try to get the CG loaded mag in front of the magazine well by 3-4 inches, just like your bolt gun setup likely
    7) Make sure your check rest does not interfere with your charging handle. PRS Gen3 you have to use the longer spacer or you will not have enough stroke, then your LOP will be crazy long. I'm 5'10" for reference.

Don'ts:
    1) Skimp on Barrel or Upper
    2) Mismatched bargain bin parts. Yes, if your savy you can make it work but can require a lot of tuning and you'll want better later on. Buy once cry once.
    3) Scope rings, buy quality. Between the hand guard and optic try to get rings with 20-30moa that you won't have to use a cheek riser that will interfere with the charging handle.

Hack: Lancer 10 rd Mags can be modded to fit 12 rounds easily (some stages are 12 rounds it helps)

What I would do differently:
    -Longer Hand guard, 12" does not have enough real estate (Bag, Bipod, ADM weight is too crowded), post deer season I'll be fixing this with a machined extension and not requiring the ADM weight. MEGA MATEN 16" Upper is my recommendation. https://www.zevtechnologies.com/mega-maten-mml-billet-upper-receiver-with-16-m-lok-handguard
    -Barrel: My experience with JP has been terrific and starting to observe a decline in accuracy recently. Still weighing options between a 6.5CM Bartlin or 6GT from GAP. A heavier barrel would help with the rifles balance. So would a suppressor, but haven't tossed in my hat yet. I have a hard time spending twice as much for a slight improvement in group size, granted better balance.

Technique: No more free recoil, you'll shoot high every time.
    Thanks for the Great breakdown!
    That maten that Zev makes is still monolithic?
    Does lower play any role in any of this? Should probably be same company as the upper for tighter tolerances?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Punkur67
    There was a guy who placed pretty high, I think maybe somewhere in 6th-10th place, at Steel Safari in 2016 with a JP LR-07 in .260 Rem, shooting 107gr SMKs really fast.

Hardest thing with a large frame gasser in PRS is maintaining your sight picture. I have beaten almost everybody in certain stages where the gas gun gave me an advantage or I just shot better, but never overall for the match. This was mainly with .260 Remington shooting 130gr Berger VLDs at 2820fps.

If I had done my stage management better and spent more time with the rifle, I would have placed higher.

My 2-man team took 2nd at a military Sniper match in Finland in 2008 with my Royal Marine mate shooting a 700/AICS in .25-06 spitting Bergers at over 3000fps, and me shooting a GAP-built .308 gasser spitting 155 Scenars at 2820fps. I think everyone else in the match was running bolt guns. I cleaned the last stage faster than anyone else, which required engaging UKD targets from 3 different positions you had to run in-between, and a 5-minute par. Many teams didn’t even make it out of the first position.

Stage management is more important than caliber or action type, but the best shooters who bring their light-recoil 6mms will typically take the top 3 placements nowadays because they have minimal sight picture disturbance, know how to shoot from many years of training, and especially know how to manage the stage with the most efficient execution of bodily movements.

If you’re going to put in the time to be competitive enough to place within the top 10 with a gasser, you might as well shoot a bolt gun and get better prize table winnings (prize tables I’ve seen over the years have tens of thousands of dollars of top-end scopes, barrels, actions, rifles, shop services, brass, reloading equipment, nylon gear, packs, clothing, ammo, etc.).

I say that as a stubborn, filthy gas-gun guy who has insisted on bringing gassers to many matches since 2007.
    I run 6br for my bolt gun, but before i switched to br, I ran 6.5 creed for few years. Iam very familiar with the creed, the load, recoil and ballistics that’s why I was thinking running ar10 in 6.5. Another individual commented that now you can run 6arc in a ar15 frame which would be pretty interesting to consider since 6arcs ballistics is just a tad slower than 6brs

For 6.5 Creedmoor and .260 Rem, most people are looking at highest BCs and forgetting about trajectory and wind for most of the target distances.

I really think 123-130gr is where it’s at for 6.5-08 class cartridges because there is less sight picture disturbance, and higher velocity with a lighter bullet that stays flatter and wind drift is about the same. You can get fatigued more quickly shooting 140-147gr.

The Savage MSR-10 action with its lower reciprocating mass might be something to look at as well. I have one in .308 and it feels like a med-heavy contour AR-15. Action length is shorter and BCG mass is closer to an AR-15, but still with AR-10 bolt and extension.

Reactions: Earnhardt
    Thanks for the Great breakdown!
    That maten that Zev makes is still monolithic?
    Does lower play any role in any of this? Should probably be same company for tighter tolerances?
    Zev does not anymore (lucky enough to stumble on a set), similar to the aero M5 but armalite cut and better quality. Mega, prior to zev had to stop the true monolithic uppers due to a patent infringement with LMT (2014-2015). Aero, Zev, Mega are all one currently. Aero M5 DPMS cut, Mega Armalite cut and better quality. LMT I think is the only true monolithic, with proprietary barrel extension and bolt.

Lower fit: Use JP oversized take down pins and lower pending use the upper jam screws to take up the slack. Even matched sets will have some play typically.

For 6.5 Creedmoor and .260 Rem, most people are looking at highest BCs and forgetting about trajectory and wind for most of the target distances.

I really think 123-130gr is where it’s at for 6.5-08 class cartridges because there is less sight picture disturbance, and higher velocity with a lighter bullet that stays flatter and wind drift is about the same. You can get fatigued more quickly shooting 140-147gr.

The Savage MSR-10 action with its lower reciprocating mass might be something to look at as well. I have one in .308 and it feels like a med-heavy contour AR-15. Action length is shorter and BCG mass is closer to an AR-15, but still with AR-10 bolt and extension.
    For prs style matches, I run everything on the slower side. gives me an opportunity to see things better down range in order to make corrections

Reactions: LRRPF52
    Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 19.39.40.jpeg
    My 6.5 AR10. Mega monolithic build with a 24” CP, JP FMOS, Silent capture spring, National match trigger, and absolutely love it for PRS. Shot a .43 MOA group just a few days ago. It’s heavy as shit though

I haven't but i know a few people that have. Id be more interested in the 22 arc. If it can get close to 22 dasher speeds out of a gas gun it will be super competitive.
    Got you. Iam hesitant to run 22 cal in PRS. Iam pretty sure some hits pass 700yds go unnoticed if there are no indicators.

View attachment 8265456My 6.5 AR10. Mega monolithic build with a 24” CP, JP FMOS, Silent capture spring, National match trigger, and absolutely love it for PRS. Shot a .43 MOA group just a few days ago. It’s heavy as shit though
    Heavy is good for PRS.
    Seems like those mega monolithics are very hard to come by these days, since they stop making them awhile ago

Reactions: LRRPF52
    I'm assuming nobody is using Carbon Fiber barrels in PRS?
    Thanks

Got you. Iam hesitant to run 22 cal in PRS. Iam pretty sure some hits pass 700yds go unnoticed if there are no indicators.
    I shot 3 matches last year with a dude shooting a 22 dasher with 85s going 3150. We saw everything even the 1260y misses. And his wind call was a tenth to 2 tenths less then the 6 dashers and way flatter.

I shot 3 matches last year with a dude shooting a 22 dasher with 85s going 3150. We saw everything even the 1260y misses. And his wind call was a tenth to 2 tenths less then the 6 dashers and way flatter.
    Iam sure at those speeds it will be fine but That’s a 800 round barrel

Last edited:
    LaRue also has a method for rail/receiver attachment that gives a monolithic effect (for lack of a better word). @bigjake83 is well versed in unfucking LaRue rifles to make bonafide shooters out of them. He might chime in here. I witnessed a full factory JP in 6.CM absolutely hammer at a match - shooter was in our squad and the rifle was very impressive.

LaRue also has a method for rail/receiver attachment that gives a monolithic effect (for lack of a better word). @bigjake83 is well versed in unfucking LaRue rifles to make bonafide shooters out of them. He might chime in here. I witnessed a full factory JP in 6.CM absolutely hammer at a match - shooter was in our squad and the rifle was very impressive.

I've been summoned what's up?

OP is a PRS guy that is thinking about switching to gas gun division. Knows enough about ideal setups to avoid the rail/receiver causing inconsistent POI when shooting positional. Looking for advice on we’ll known combos for monolithic (or close to) upper receivers. Your results speak for themselves so I mentioned you as a potential source.

So far this thread is still on the rails 😂

Hey everyone looking for some guidance and insight regarding AR10 platform for PRS.
    Ive been competing with bolt rifle now for few years with good success but thinking to switch gears and learn the gas platform. I understand it won’t be as competitive as the bolt system(different tool for different job) but nevertheless would like to understand and apply the concepts that make gas guns competitive.
    From quick research I have done, it seems like one of the biggest issues in the gas platform for PRS and positional shooting is the attachment point that houses 4 things: upper receiver, barrel, barrel nut and hand-guard. From what I understand some manufacturers like seekins, jp, lmt created their proprietary ways around this issue with various ways of attaching handguard to the upper. Those system are also very pricey in comparison to just putting one together yourself. Are there any other manufacturers out there that I didn’t mention that avoid this issue? What are other options out there?
    Beside the above mentioned attachment point issue are there any other aspects that you get with those proprietary systems mentioned above, that wouldn’t be possible if you assemble one yourself? And how crucial are they in competition?

Thank you for your help

My Seekins SP10'S have been my best PRS Gas Gun Rifles... if you want the easy button pick up a SP10 6.5CM with the updated gas system. SP10's from the factory will average between. 5-.75 MOA with factory ammo and .5 or under with handloads.

And if you're wanting Sub Half MOA install a custom Bartlein from CLE.

The Timny Trigger that it comes with from the factory is the only part I'd immediately remove and replace with a Triggertech Adaptable or a Triggertech Duty with a fixed pull weight of 3.5 lbs.

Last edited:
    I have two LRs that I built for long range shooting and PRS, one is a .243 Win and the other is .308. Both are built similarly - Aero Precision M5E receivers, 24" custom barrels, 15" handguards, adjustable gas blocks, heavy buffers, light buffer springs, and 2-stage triggers. The .243 is an absolute dream to shoot with its light recoil and even less forward impulse from the bolt as it closes and locks on the next round. The scope doesn't move off the target which allows me to spot my shots and fire quick follow-up shots. The .308 has a little more recoil than the .243 but it is not objectional and again, forward impulse from the bolt is minimized with the tuned gas and light buffer spring.

Have you run 6arc in a gas gun Vs 6.5 creed?
    I have both and have used both in PRS. Both have 22" barrels....107 smk @2730 in the arc have nearly identical external ballistics to the 140 eldm @2690 in the 6.5 creed out to 700 yards. Much easier to spot hits/misses with the arc due to less recoil.

I also started shooting a 6GT in the AR10 this season. A little flatter shooting than the 6 arc with similar recoil.

OP is a PRS guy that is thinking about switching to gas gun division. Knows enough about ideal setups to avoid the rail/receiver causing inconsistent POI when shooting positional. Looking for advice on we’ll known combos for monolithic (or close to) upper receivers. Your results speak for themselves so I mentioned you as a potential source.

So far this thread is still on the rails 😂
    Thanks!

My Seekins SP10 have been my best PRS Gas Gun Rifles... if you want the easy button pick up a SP10 6.5CM with the updated gas system. SP10's from the factory will average between. 5-.75 MOA with factory ammo and .5 or under with handloads.

And if you're wanting Sub Half MOA install a custom Bartlein from CLE.

The Timny Trigger that it comes with from the factory is the only part I'd immediately remove and replace with a Triggertech Adaptable or a Triggertech Duty with a fixed pull weight of 3.5 lbs.
    Thanks Jake! Would it be better and more cost effective to get this if Iam gonna swap for bartlein and trigger tech?

I have both and have used both in PRS. Both have 22" barrels....107 smk @2730 in the arc have nearly identical external ballistics to the 140 eldm @2690 in the 6.5 creed out to 700 yards. Much easier to spot hits/misses with the arc due to less recoil.

I also started shooting a 6GT in the AR10 this season. A little flatter shooting than the 6 arc with similar recoil.
    What system are you running for both?

Thanks Jake! Would it be better and more cost effective to get this if Iam gonna swap for bartlein and trigger tech?

Yes absolutely if you can find one, I've built dozens off of the SP10 Builders kits and that way you get each and every individual part to your preferences. I may have a few spare parts that could get you started.

Opinions on the gibbz g10 receivers? I have a few of the ar15 receivers and really like them but have heard the ar10's can be finicky

I'm currently going down this same road of bolt to precision gas gun. All the advice in this thread is solid from what I've learned so far.

Just adding another +1 for the Mega MML receiver sets. It's not a true monolithic upper anymore, but very solid handguard lock-up, and it doesn't touch the barrel nut. Thermal fit receiver extension, too, from my experience.

The only reason I picked Mega over the Seekins is availablity, and I like the round handguard over the flat bottom. I find that I can add a partial ARCA rail to get a flat bottom where I need it, but also leave a small bit open for a comfortable handhold, too.

I'm currently going down this same road of bolt to precision gas gun. All the advice in this thread is solid from what I've learned so far.

Just adding another +1 for the Mega MML receiver sets. It's not a true monolithic upper anymore, but very solid handguard lock-up, and it doesn't touch the barrel nut. Thermal fit receiver extension, too, from my experience.

The only reason I picked Mega over the Seekins is availablity, and I like the round handguard over the flat bottom. I find that I can add a partial ARCA rail to get a flat bottom where I need it, but also leave a small bit open for a comfortable handhold, too.
    I was trying to get ahold of Seekins to ask them few questions and got no response through voicemail, email and message through their website. And it’s been more than a week. Their product might be good but without customer service Iam not sure if it’s a right choice. Called Zev(mega) the other day and someone picked up the phone right away.
    In terms of handguard, I do prefer flat on the bottom since it will be solely used for prs and attach arca will be easier

I was trying to get ahold of Seekins to ask them few questions and got no response through voicemail, email and message through their website. And it’s been more than a week. Their product might be good but without customer service Iam not sure if it’s a right choice. Called Zev(mega) the other day and someone picked up the phone right away.
    In terms of handguard, I do prefer flat on the bottom since it will be solely used for prs and attach arca will be easier

I think they have MATEN lowers in stock right now. I got my last one around Labor Day when they ran a 25% off sale. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

Can't say if they'll do that again around Black Friday, but might be worth watching if you're in the market.

What kind of questions did you have for Seekins? You’re in a thread with actual SMEs. I think Glen used the poke his head around here too.

What kind of questions did you have for Seekins? You’re in a thread with actual SMEs. I think Glen used the poke his head around here too.
    Mainly Wanted to find out the lead time on their 308 builders kit and warranty info. The inside diameter of their handguard and largest contour barrel that would fit there. Can I get a bartlein or kreiger barrel spun up by them and the price and if not who they recommend?
    Also wanted to see if they offer builders kit in ar5 platform and if yes lead time for those

Last edited:

I called Seekins twice last week and left voicemails, first day they called me back within a couple hours and the second time they called me back the next day. Seekins CS is awesome too BTW. I was just calling to ask some questions about a rifle I had bought and another I was looking to buy and asked about warranty if I bed the barrel extension and swap the gas block and they said no problem, most companys would void your shit. I also reached to another member to ask him some questions about his 6CM SP10, he had an original one with the first gen gas system and had been having some issues and at a pretty high round count (barrel 3/4 or so toasted) they announced the new barrel with longer gas but didn’t have any yet so they pulled the barrel off a shop gun and sent him.

I appreciate companies that do whatever they can to take care of their customers. Most don’t really give a shit once they’ve gotten the sale.

Look up was some people have gone through with Zev on their pistols and parts that have had issues. You’re going to have zero CS on a rifle you built yourself if you have issues. I’m not saying not to consider a MATEN set because they are great, just saying that just because you can get them on the phone any time you call doesn’t necessarily mean a whole lot. With Seekins they’ll send you a shipping label and fix whatever issue you’re having without fighting you over it. Their CS is excellent based on customer accounts who have had to use it.

I've been running a large frame in 6.5 CM for several years, advice, DON"T. But it is fun.

You will find new levels of frustration for sure. There are more variables, and you definitely have to drive the gun better than a bolt gun. If you are a competitive bolt gun shooter, it will drive you crazy. You miss .2 off left edge, correct to center and send the next one, miss .2 off of right. I tried it this year for fun, but will be returning to bolt gun next year.

I called Seekins twice last week and left voicemails, first day they called me back within a couple hours and the second time they called me back the next day. Seekins CS is awesome too BTW. I was just calling to ask some questions about a rifle I had bought and another I was looking to buy and asked about warranty if I bed the barrel extension and swap the gas block and they said no problem, most companys would void your shit. I also reached to another member to ask him some questions about his 6CM SP10, he had an original one with the first gen gas system and had been having some issues and at a pretty high round count (barrel 3/4 or so toasted) they announced the new barrel with longer gas but didn’t have any yet so they pulled the barrel off a shop gun and sent him.

I appreciate companies that do whatever they can to take care of their customers. Most don’t really give a shit once they’ve gotten the sale.

Look up was some people have gone through with Zev on their pistols and parts that have had issues. You’re going to have zero CS on a rifle you built yourself if you have issues. I’m not saying not to consider a MATEN set because they are great, just saying that just because you can get them on the phone any time you call doesn’t necessarily mean a whole lot. With Seekins they’ll send you a shipping label and fix whatever issue you’re having without fighting you over it. Their CS is excellent based on customer accounts who have had to use it.
    yeah man that’s what I was trying to accomplish. after I got no response with the voicemail, I followed up with email and also message on their website, still got no response. I’ll try them again today and see see if I have better luck

You will find new levels of frustration for sure. There are more variables, and you definitely have to drive the gun better than a bolt gun. If you are a competitive bolt gun shooter, it will drive you crazy. You miss .2 off left edge, correct to center and send the next one, miss .2 off of right. I tried it this year for fun, but will be returning to bolt gun next year.
    Yeah, That’s what I’ve been hearing from people that use them in matches that recoil is longer and you have to stay on the rifle.
    So if you had to put a number on driving force into the rifle with 0 being .22lr and 10 being 50bmg bolt what would you say you would use for ar10 in 6.5 creed.
    For my match bolt rifles, I use around 3 for 6br and around 4 for 6.5 creed

yeah man that’s what I was trying to accomplish. after I got no response with the voicemail, I followed up with email and also message on their website, still got no response. I’ll try them again today and see see if I have better luck

Yep try them again.

Yeah, That’s what I’ve been hearing from people that use them in matches that recoil is longer and you have to stay on the rifle.
    So if you had to put a number on driving force into the rifle with 0 being .22lr and 10 being 50bmg bolt what would you say you would use for ar10 in 6.5 creed.

You just have to have follow through and be able to actually shoot a rifle. You’re not going to be able slap a gas gun on a game changer on a barricade and slap the trigger and free recoil it like you can with a 6mm pipsqueak bolt gun that has a fast lock time, a 5 port brake, and weighs 20lbs+ and hit targets. The biggest factor IMO is the lock time.

3, but my gun was pretty heavy. It will expose your weaknesses, but you can shore those up by going back to fundamentals. The main thing is you get flyers that you don't see running a bolt gun. I ran a JP with Berger Ammo, and I had things I couldn't explain other than flyers. If you shoot a match with a lot of prairie dogs and skinny sammy's, it can be a long day.