• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR10 Help from the PRO:s

greybeard

Minuteman
Jun 28, 2004
South Carolina
Got a AR10 SS barrel, standard handguard. Jusrt Recieved the Upper blocks, door pin for the "T", replacement gas tube , pin, AR15 barrel nut wrench, AR10 barrel nut wrench, new FF tube kit from Armalite.
Going to Change out the standard handguard to the mew Armalite Al FF tube.
Any hints or things to look for while making the changeover. please post because I realy want to get this project finished soon, going to the range Sunday to try nmew load workup with the FF hanguard.
Also Deer season starts Sept 1 here and this will be the stick I use hunting from the stand over beanfields.

Re: AR10 Help fronm the PRO:s

once you get the old barrel off, take the new barrel nut and use some Wheel bearing grease, put it on the upper reciever threads and on the threads in the barrel nut, turn it down hand tight and loosen, do this 4 or 5 times, then torque it down. As for the gas tube and gas block or FSB, the pins taper see which side they taper to and drive the smaller side in the bigger hole, usually left to right. And you should be good to go

No Pins the original Armalite Allen screw clamp gas block. I know I will have to maintain the space to make up for the front handguard retainer.
Thanks for the information deadly0311, first attmpt to disassemble a AR upper.
Doing a PPA before starting (potential problem analynasis), someting I learned from DAD.
Any more information, realy looking for a accuaracy enhancing steps to take or things to prevent a FUBAR.

Well I have installed the FF handguard on the AR10, looks just like the "T" model SS barrell and all.
Is a SS barrell from a few years ago.
Now to see how it shoots, will probaly be next weekend to go to the range.
Am ready to try the 175 grain SMK, with R15, any hints?