• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10 in 22 Creedmoor?

Reactions: BurtG
Just finished an upper for my A.R. 10 one and seven twist 24 inch barrel it’s barrel by rainier arms Issue I have right now is the lack of powder selection for larger heavier bullets

Attachments

• 3A671B0E-4D72-4226-8377-1A25DDA95079.jpeg
    3A671B0E-4D72-4226-8377-1A25DDA95079.jpeg
    526.5 KB · Views: 559
Reactions: 232593
Varget, Tac,big game H380, Superformance, and a few other shooter world powders that were designed for the 6.5 Creedmoor , and some of that Vivitori stuff it was made for the 6.5 Creedmoor I believe it was N555...
So I’m not sure how I’m going to sling these pills down the range in 7twist.

Ideally it would’ve been a 8 twist barrel.
I may send the barrel back and pick up a mcgowen 1/8....

I built a very legit 22CM for night hunting last year. I did load development and it shoots phenomenally well, but I never bought a thermal scope for it. It’s sitting in my safe collecting dust. If you’re interested in it I would sell it.

Attachments

• EAD24EE3-19F4-4015-B683-D267B1A51C6B.jpeg
    EAD24EE3-19F4-4015-B683-D267B1A51C6B.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 472
Decided to move forward with an AR10 build. McGowan offers a 22 Creedmoor chambering at a reasonable price. That said, I need some help with the specs. I plan on shooting mainly 80-88gr grain bullets. Not trying to reach the holy grail of velocity or distance. I would like to keep the overall build on the lighter side, handy and compact. Would the following specs fit the bill?:

Material​
416R SS​
Length​
18"​
Twist​
1 in 7​
Profile​
Standard HBAR (fluted)​
Gas system​
Rifle +2​

Thanks in advance for your help.

AZ

Rifle +2 sounds ambitious on an 18" barrel. It may work, but +1 would be the safer bet.

I have a 24 inch w/ zero fluting and it is a tank.
The shorter barrel with fluting should make it much more handy.

My lesson learned: use full length sizing die. I went with a basic hornady ( spent too much over this year). And NO donuts! On the base of the neck like I had with the neck sizer only. For the 2nd time around, it was a sing pass through the sizer on 6 creedmoor starline brass.
I had to neck turn on the neck only die. Very happy now.

My lesson learned: use full length sizing die. I went with a basic hornady ( spent too much over this year). And NO donuts! On the base of the neck like I had with the neck sizer only. For the 2nd time around, it was a sing pass through the sizer on 6 creedmoor starline brass.
I had to neck turn on the neck only die. Very happy now.
Thanks Kocker. Is 6mm Creedmoor Starline brass readily available these days?

I checked recently and they now are on back order unfortunately they did have them in stock waiting for large rifle primer 6 mm Starline brass... 4 months now... so I purchased a 6 mm small rifle and I’m happy
I’m sure you can find it online from some dealers

I built a very legit 22CM for night hunting last year. I did load development and it shoots phenomenally well, but I never bought a thermal scope for it. It’s sitting in my safe collecting dust. If you’re interested in it I would sell it.
Do you still have this rifle and still like to sell it?

A friend of mine is building a 22 creedmore in an ar 10 as we speak. Sadly, his intentions are to shoot the 75 amax. So im not sure he will put forth any effort for the 50-55gr stuff.
From whom did he source the barrel? Can you keep us posted on his progress if he does not mind?

Reactions: 232593
I have heard that 22 CMs need a certain amount of free bore space to launch the heavier bullets, anyone hear anything similar?