• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AR10 in 260

Bluejazz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
IOWA
I am new to AR's,but am interested in an AR in 260 cal. or 7-08
Is there a factory made AR in these calibers, or do you need to buy custom such as a GAP ?

Re: AR10 in 260

LMT MWS you can switch barrels from 260 to 308 in about 2 minutes.Also makes cleaning a snap.

Yes, Armalite sells Their "AR10T" in .260 Remington. You can also get them from a variety of places such as JP Enterprises, GAP etc chambered in 260.

I have both a JP complete rifle (DPMS platform) and an upper built by Scott Mesesha on an Armalite platform. They both shoot lights out and function flawlessly. Great cartridge for the AR-10 in my experience.

I shoot at the limits of.my local range, which is only 300y. I have a few .308's which I shoot frequently. About the only thing that prevents me from buying a 6.5 is the shorter barrel life.

Heres mine a DPMS in 260 Rem.changed out free float tube to a jp v-tac and magpul stock

260-6.jpg

thanks for the feedback.
I will look into some of these recomendations.
At present I am leaning more toward a 7-08 set up.