• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ar10 monolithic recommendations?

phr11b

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2020
I just put my order in for a nice carbon barrel. I use ar10's in 243 with thermal for coyotes shooting off of a tripod. I am wanting to build my ultimate coyote gun. I am looking for a receiver set that checks a few specific boxes.
1.) It must be monolithic to cut down on the impact of shooting off of a tripod.
2.) This one is hard to explain but... AR10's are rear heavy on a tripod. I need to be able to mount an arca plate as close to the mag well as possible. Due to this.... Aero Enhanced is out. The way the bottom of the handguard is built forces you to mount the ACRA plate too far away.
Any thoughts?

What he said ^^^

Love my LMT Mars H. Been a rock solid gun and very consistent shooter (for a 18" gasser)

Reactions: Charmingmander
If your intent is to mount an accessory on the bottom of the handguard, such as an ARCA rail, that is butted right up against the upper receiver, you're going to have a hard time even with an LMT. Some barrel nut/handguard designs can be modified to do that, but not any monolithic that I know of.

Try to find a sp10 builders kit. Not a monolithic but you’d be hard pressed to find a significant difference against one. The sawtooth r lock rail runs from the handguard to the magwell

Aero Enhanced upper with a Sgt of Arms rail with built in Arca rail. I have this setup, it works well.
Not my photo:

IMG_4516.jpeg

LMT?

I would say Mega but last I heard there's delays getting anything from Zev.
I have both, and both are quality (obviously). I would call either light weight.

The Mega gives you easier flexibility to change barrels, if thats relevant.

The Mega anodizing is really nice. Its hand guard diameter is slightly larger than the mlok LMT if that matters.

It looks like the sp10 kits would work great. I do not love the look of the handguard but o well... It appears they are out of stock everywhere I have looked. Does anyone have any idea's?