• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ar10 Plat form

X-man21

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2004
Los Angeles, California
I'm getting a 18 inch 7.62 LA Rue OBR at the end of the month and want to get some idea of what should be added. I plan on using this rifle for intermediate distance shooting. My plans are to add a prs stock, spr grip, surefire or aac break, OBR zero MOA mount, giselle trigger and a NF 5.5-20 mildot or MLR or the 3.5 -15 version. Am I missing anything? Or am I overdoing it? I had a friend tell me that he thought the 5.5 NF might be over doing it because I won't be shooting 1000 yards. Just want to get some feed back before I start dumping cash.

Re: Ar10 Plat form

What exactly do you consider intermediate distance? 400-800? It sounds like you have the right idea in your plans. Trigger choice is best in the business IMO. I'd go for a 20-30 MOA down cant in your mount just because the NF has so much travel that you might as well use it....even if you could find a 40 MOA down cant base you could still zero at 100 yards. As far as magnification goes, thats a personal preference, but I'd go for the 5.5-22. Another thought is that the AR platforms can handle the 56mm objective with a little room to spare if you so choose.

Lastly, this is the bolt action forum.....just saying.

All sounds pretty good to me too.. I love my giselle trigger.. But i would go with the 3.5 x 15 x50 Nf if your not shooting out to 1000.. But again thats just personal pref..

Think you posted this in the wrong forum it should be in the semi auto section
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Send__IT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think you posted this in the wrong forum it should be in the semi auto section
grin.gif
</div></div>

I second that. Try and post your topics in the correct categories that are listed, that way you get the kind of traffic you are looking for.