• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing AR10 Sendero Hunting Rifle - Comments

81STFACP

DRB 1234, P100, HM - XC, LR
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2006
Austin, TX
The original build was by GAP, Rock barrel and BO forearm. I bought it from a member here. The rifle shot so well that I decided to save the upper (for what I don't know) and build another upper just to hunt with in South TX. This is my primary rig for Whitetails and Coyote pushing the 155 Berger VLDs at Palma velocity.

It is long and heavy, but it is not a walking stick, I usually hunt from the truck bed and shoot over the cab watching the senderos that are two dozer blades wide. Animals down there are used to seeing oil field trucks every day, so trucks on the edge or on the bend of the senderos are not threat to them

The build:
Gunsmith: Jon Rhynard, Palma team member
Barrel: Border, tight bore, 13 twist, medium Palma taper
Barrel length: 30 inches
Chamber: My own reamer by Dave Kiff, modified 308 Obermeyer, .341 neck and .3080 free bore
Upper and Lower: Armalite
Forearm: Armalite
Trigger: Gieselle, pulled the Jewel installed by the original owner due to inconsistent ignition
Buttstock: Magpul
Scope: 5.5x22x56 NPR2
Rings: BO

The Ammo:
Brass: LC 94 Match, fully prepared
Primer: Russian
Powder: IMR 4895 @ 45.0
Bullet: 155 Grains Berger VLD
COL: Magasine length
Velocity @ 15 Ft, Oehler 43 - 2950 FPS

Accuracy: Excellent waterline on target

Here 'tis...

m78487.jpg

Re: AR10 Sendero Hunting Rifle - Comments

That's my idea of the AR action being employed in a more canny manner. This meets my expectations as a semiauto LR tactical rifle.

Is the gas system functioning properly with that barrel?

Greg

Re: AR10 Sendero Hunting Rifle - Comments

Yes, the gas system functions well. I shoot with a 10 round magasine.