• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10 SPR optic Credo 2-10 or???

762 ULTRAMAGA

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Idaho
I'm looking for a do all scope for a 6.5 Creedmoor gas gun, it's a precision build that I want to use for tactical shooting as well as engagements out to 900.

I'm temporarily using a Trijicon tenmile 3-18 that I borrowed from my bolt gun, it's fantastic for LR but obviously shitty for closer range move and shoot drills.

I'm considering an LPVO 1-10 or possibly 1-8 but I'm afraid it'll be a compromise for longer engagements.
The credo 2-10×36 tactical looks like it may be about perfect, but I'm a little hesitant given the tightish eye box on the 3-18..
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Helos 2-12 is absolutely fantastic for the money for that kind of shooting.
Although I do prefer a good 3-15 or 3-18 for distances past 600 yards.

The only concern I have with the Mk5 is durability, otherwise that 2-10 looks pretty sweet.
I've heard way too many reports of them losing zero etc.

You need to read less on cockslide, MK5’s are solid.

Regardless, you’re going to be in the same boat with a 2-10 as your 3-18 for run n gun stuff, if you don’t have true 1x on the bottom end it’s a compromise. Same goes for a 1-10, there’s going to be a compromise running it on 10x for further targets.

If you want the best of both worlds the only way to get it is mounting a red dot on a MPVO. Personally I’d throw an RMR on your existing optic at 12 o clock and call it a day.

Regardless, you’re going to be in the same boat with a 2-10 as your 3-18 for run n gun stuff, if you don’t have true 1x on the bottom end it’s a compromise. Same goes for a 1-10, there’s going to be a compromise running it on 10x for further targets.

If you want the best of both worlds the only way to get it is mounting a red dot on a MPVO. Personally I’d throw an RMR on your existing optic at 12 o clock and call it a day.
This

Reactions: Eric_F
I'm looking for a do all scope for a 6.5 Creedmoor gas gun, it's a precision build that I want to use for tactical shooting as well as engagements out to 900.

I'm temporarily using a Trijicon tenmile 3-18 that I borrowed from my bolt gun, it's fantastic for LR but obviously shitty for closer range move and shoot drills.

I'm considering an LPVO 1-10 or possibly 1-8 but I'm afraid it'll be a compromise for longer engagements.
The credo 2-10×36 tactical looks like it may be about perfect, but I'm a little hesitant given the tightish eye box on the 3-18..
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
I guess since you need another scope, I set up an SPR rig with the Credo 2-10. I leave it set at 6X and use the offset RDS for close work. I'm leaning towards the 3-15/4-16 scopes though. My thinking is that if one is to have a scope, and since most are FFP, the low end mag range is useless till about the 6X mag range anyway, and nothing is faster than the RDS without an eye box for close and rapid engagement shooting. So why not have something with some greater "far end" benefit, like more magnification than 10X.

Last edited:
I would go with a Nightforce 4-16 x 42 with your favorite red dot on top.

You need to read less on cockslide, MK5’s are solid.

Haha yeah there's some dumbassery on that forum for sure! I'm talking other sources as well though (who I trust) that've had wandering zero issues with mk5s, and some turret failures.
I'm just not interested in investing that kind of money for an illuminated model..

I guess since you need another scope, I set up an SPR rig with the Credo 2-10. I leave it set at 6X and use the offset RDS for close work. I'm leaning towards the 3-15/4-16 scopes though. My thinking is that if one is to have a scope, and since most are FFP, the low end mag range is useless till about the 6X mag range anyway, and nothing is faster than the RDS without an eye box for close and rapid engagement shooting. So why not have something with some greater "far end" benefit, like more magnification than 10X.
This makes a lot of sense, I'm not sold on ffp at all for low power use, I will say though with my March FX 4.5-28 I rarely go above 12-15x for torso sized targets out to 1k.
Good glass is more important than higher magnification in my experience.