• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ar10 Switch blocks

cypriss32

L337
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2004
Fresno, Ca
Anyone running a switch block on their LR308/AR10 rifles? What are you running? Im planning to build up my LR308 with a 20" Rainer Arms match barrel. I am looking for a switch block because its the easiest to adjust for suppressor uses. What are you recommendations.

Anyone running a switch block on their LR308/AR10 rifles? What are you running? Im planning to build up my LR308 with a 20" Rainer Arms match barrel. I am looking for a switch block because its the easiest to adjust for suppressor uses. What are you recommendations.

An alternative is our patented tool-less gas block called the Govnah by MicroMOA.
As seen in the picture below, you don't need any special tools to move the regulator plate. Just push it through an opening on your rail system with a bullet or any other object you can fit through your rail.

Govnah3-1024x818.jpg

Unlike the Switchblock, the Govnah is modular so you can configure it to your exact configuration from no port to any port size you want to drill if one of the pre-determined port sizes aren't to your specifications. Picture below shows some of the various plate regulator options.
We currently only offer 5.56 pre-drilled plates while many use it for other calibers including .308. The issue is so many variations in the other calibers that it is hard to pre-determine what you will need but I know a 20" .308 will definitely need port sizes larger than what we use for several of our 5.56 offerings so it is just a matter of making ports bigger...always easier to take metal away than put it back.

govnah-plates2-767x1024.jpg

Also, unlike the Switchblock and all the other tool-less adjustable gas methods currently on the market, the Govnah is the only one that uses standard un-modified gas tubes.

Below is a picture of an LEO's AR10 build with Govnah installed.
AR10-2.jpg

More info, pics and vids on my site: http://micromoa.com
Thanks!

I would suggest looking into MicroMOA and the SLR Sentry GBs. They would allow you to tune your rifle to a specific port size more so than a Switchblock would. You also would have to go through a lot of trial and error to find the right one as they are made specific to caliber and gas system length. They are also only made in .750". I did hear a rumor recently that Noveske will be releasing 308 versions but I'd still think about whether it's more important to have the ability to immediately adjust gas vs being able to tune the rifle to exactly what you want it to be. The only rig I opted for a Switchblock was a 5.56 SBR that I do very frequently shoot both suppressed and unsuppressed. I only shoot it unsuppressed when the advantage of the very short length - as it relates to maneuverability and speed - far outweigh the advantages of the same rifle in a suppressed set up. For me, my 308 is never used like my MK18, hence why I would lean towards using a GB that allowed me more flexibility to fine tune it.

Just my 2¢.

An alternative is our patented tool-less gas block called the Govnah by MicroMOA.
As seen in the picture below, you don't need any special tools to move the regulator plate. Just push it through an opening on your rail system with a bullet or any other object you can fit through your rail.

Govnah3-1024x818.jpg

Unlike the Switchblock, the Govnah is modular so you can configure it to your exact configuration from no port to any port size you want to drill if one of the pre-determined port sizes aren't to your specifications. Picture below shows some of the various plate regulator options.
We currently only offer 5.56 pre-drilled plates while many use it for other calibers including .308. The issue is so many variations in the other calibers that it is hard to pre-determine what you will need but I know a 20" .308 will definitely need port sizes larger than what we use for several of our 5.56 offerings so it is just a matter of making ports bigger...always easier to take metal away than put it back.

govnah-plates2-767x1024.jpg

Also, unlike the Switchblock and all the other tool-less adjustable gas methods currently on the market, the Govnah is the only one that uses standard un-modified gas tubes.

Below is a picture of an LEO's AR10 build with Govnah installed.
AR10-2.jpg

More info, pics and vids on my site: MicroMOA - Home of the Govnah - Modular Adjustable Gas Block
Thanks!

You sure pedal your wares a lot around here without paying for it...

You sure pedal your wares a lot around here without paying for it...

Yes, we are a small business and can't afford to pay multiple sites right now. We are paying for one right now. I try to only post when relevant here. Am I in violation here? I am sorry if I am and if that is that is the case, I just will not post here anymore.

It is unfortunate that people complain that some manufacturers don't post on forums to support their products but don't understand this all costs money on many sites.

Again, I apologize if I am violating any rules.

Yes, we are a small business and can't afford to pay multiple sites right now. We are paying for one right now. I try to only post when relevant here. Am I in violation here? I am sorry if I am and if that is that is the case, I just will not post here anymore.

It is unfortunate that people complain that some manufacturers don't post on forums to support their products but don't understand this all costs money on many sites.

Again, I apologize if I am violating any rules.

Send it in a pm then, but yes it is a violation to sell/advertise product here on the Hide without paying for it. I help another small business out and I understand your feelings since he can't afford it either.

Send it in a pm then, but yes it is a violation to sell/advertise product here on the Hide without paying for it. I help another small business out and I understand your feelings since he can't afford it either.

Ok, thanks. Which is why I don't post any WTS ads here. I only comment to give techincal information when someone asks for advise on my product in particular or a directly related application.