• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ar10 with proof cf barrel. What a treat

Kocher

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Apr 27, 2021
    Minnesota
    just wanted to give a thumbs up for the proof carbon fiber 24 inch barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor

Pros=
    no case damage . Looks like it was shot out of bolt gun(I did file down the edges inside the channels so I didn’t scrape and give it the viper bite)

Use the same loads as bolt gun and velocity seem to be about the same.

Just super nimble even for a 24 inch barrel can’t believe how light it feels completely change the feel of the gun from the previous 24 inch bull barrel on it.

All I need to do now is put a lightweight hunting scope on it and I’ll be ready to go.

I did takeoff the heavy benchrest stock that really dropped weight as well but it was the barrel and just the lightness that made me want to do that in the first place and realize I can actually carry this gun.

Function was perfect yes I have a adjustable gas block I also use a springCo red heavy duty carbine buffer spring and a heavy buffer tube.

Cons.
    1. i’ve only put down 50 rounds down the chamber as my shooting session was cut short and winds were horrific and didn’t get a chance to really put it in a rest to see accuracy yet.

2. The cam gas system that they advertise is really advertisement masturbation. They could’ve been one of the inventors I’m not sure but everybody has +2 gas and a 24 inch barrel and they even have +3 now which they should’ve put on the overbore A.R. 10 calibers.

3. Carbon fiber dissipates heat better than metal on metal again advertisement masturbation no need to get in to that reason but that would have to be false.

In conclusion everything seems to be going well and looking at the AR10 the biggest weight would have to be in the barrel and the BCG I may try a lightweight BCG or even a titanium.
    I really don’t think it would affect lock up that much is in my experience dealing with overbore cartridge and semi automatics the GAS TUBE LENGTH is everything.

That wraps it up I’m enjoying the barrel completely so far I’d like to thank all my sponsors out there oh that’s me I forgot I have to pay my for my own stuff!!

Attachments

• F25C03E5-680D-4DA8-AC86-CF288F11330A.jpeg
      F25C03E5-680D-4DA8-AC86-CF288F11330A.jpeg
      641.8 KB · Views: 121
    Last edited: