• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10T barrel length

slothlacrosse

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2010
CENTCOM
while i'm waiting for my AR10T upper to arrive, i've started thinking about what barrel length to run.

i was thinking about having the barrel cut and threaded at 18.25 inches, but my google fu has given me a mixed bag of "opinions" regarding barrel length.

some have said that the gun will run fine at 18 inches and other say 20 inches.

and then there are others that say that i'll have to open the gas port and a unicorn will tear my head off.

for the record, i have no intention of replacing the barrel until i shoot the damn thing out (i know noveske, rock, and krieger all make wonderful barrels).

Re: AR10T barrel length

I have an AR10T with a 20" barrel. From my experience, the AR10 is way over-gassed. It would probably be a better gun if you cut 2" off the barrel because you would shorten the already ample dwell time. The best upgrade I did to mine was the addition of an adjustable gas block.