• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB AR15 ambi mag release

Wanting To Buy

greg1147

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Sep 12, 2017
    Virginia
    Looking for a ambi mag release AR15 style maybe KAC, Forward Controls. Norgren, ?

I have a spare Norgon laying around if you’re still interested.

Looking for a ambi mag release AR15 style maybe KAC, Forward Controls. Norgren, ?

IMHO the JP Enterprises ambi setup is worth the $99

Both training classes and having small hands lead me to search for extended-ambi mag releases. I’ve tried some full ambi lowers as well.
    LWRC, Radian and ADM.
    American Defense MFG lowers being my favorite and fit most standard and MK2 uppers I’ve tried. Looking into the SOL/ Forward Control Design lower to try out later on with a 6mm ARC build.

Getting back on topic with budget ambi conversions: Although only budget friendly in the buy once cry once logic, I prefer the JP Enterprises mag release for function, reach, fit and finish. Went with my slightly shiny SOL standard AR lower. Truly flawless and the grip lines match the high quality SOL bolt catch if you’re into that sort of thing.
    JP provides quality you can see and feel. Year 2 with the JP. No issues to report.
    At slightly less $$ is the Battle Arms Development in a grayish phosphate looking finish. Partly due to the shorter BAD mag release shaft: Spring tension matching- right side button size take some adjustment and fussing with to make perfect (lube helps the action). The grip lines are a tough match even with other BAD components. In hind-sight I should have got the Norgren to test out as they are the originators of this design and affordable at under $50.
    The BAD mag release went well on my well used- older AP lower but I would have appreciated a smoother blued or nitrided finish from BAD. I’m looking for a similar yet dimpled design as an option to match my Spikes Tactical Carbine with like SLR components. I like that FCD has 3 options.
    I’m considering the Norgren and others of that design (Hera & CMMG Zeroed) to compare later on. I’m in no rush because I’m used to the extended drop low-profile set up on the JP Enterprises and the BAD ambi mag release. I only opted away from the FCD because of the higher profile and how it leveraged off the lower receiver. I believe my LWRC lower parts “may” be FCD.

I’m not obsessive but some of my choices will appear to err more on the OCD side than not. I do have both dirty and pretty rifles.
    This is only my humble opinion from what I’ve experienced building AR’s since 2017 and in the Armed Forces with the M16-A1- M16-A2 circa 1990’s.
    The JP remains King of the ambi conversion upgrades.