• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR15 Gasbuster vs. Gunfighter

Postal0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Tampa, FL
2011-07-20%25252013.26.43.jpg

Gunfighter wins.

I have three PRI Gasbusters and one BCM Gunfighter charging handle. Unlike the Gasbusters, the Gunfighter does not repeatedly break roll pins under heavy use.

While the Gunfighter is quite as good for preventing blowback from suppressed use, I highly recommend it over the Gasbuster.

Re: AR15 Gasbuster vs. Gunfighter

Not surprising, but the final test is what will PRI do when you call them and ask if they'll replace it. $90 is a lot to drop on a CH, but I'll at least feel better if they replace it. I assume that only the roll pin broke, but it's hard to tell if the hole deformed any from the picture. BTW, I love the Gunfighters but am looking at the PRI only for suppressed usage with nothing crazy going on.

Were you running hard drills when it happened, or normal use?

This particular time, I was pulling the bolt to the rear to check if the rifle was unloaded. The lever and spring fell right out. Roll pin was no where to be found.

I have had some of the early PRI do that as well, but with a replacement roll pin and some of the latest Gas Busters I have had no issues. I mainly like the lever on the PRI not too big, but large enough to get a hold of, and not get caught on gear. The PRI is on all of my training weapons.

I have been waiting for someone to combine the best features of both into 1 ! wishful thinking??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been waiting for someone to combine the best features of both into 1 ! wishful thinking??</div></div> No kidding. The two patents are working against each other.

Personally I really like the BCM. You can't beat the price, and quality compared to PRI. The Gas Buster has it's place, but for a every day use weapon I would prefer the gunfighter.

BCM Gunfighters are tanks. I run the Mod.4s on my ARs and it's a great balance of real estate while not being obtrusive and catching on my kit or armor. The Gunfighter can take abuse. The construction is better than any other charging handle I've ever used, to include the PRI. It's a lot more rigid, doesn't torque or twist, and it's never caused a functioning problem. Also, you don't get a blast of gas in your face when you transition to the left shoulder. Always a plus.

I run a BCM Gunfighter on ALL my ARs... I just can't go back to a regular CH. Really solid, easy to manipulate even from one side... it's just the way a CH should be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BCM Gunfighters are tanks. I run the Mod.4s on my ARs and it's a great balance of real estate while not being obtrusive and catching on my kit or armor. The Gunfighter can take abuse. The construction is better than any other charging handle I've ever used, to include the PRI. It's a lot more rigid, doesn't torque or twist, and it's never caused a functioning problem. Also, you don't get a blast of gas in your face when you transition to the left shoulder. Always a plus. </div></div>

+1 Same here on all my Ar's with BCM Gunfighter

I have them both, and don't see to much difference other then the price. Never had a problem with either one. Both are a huge improvement over mil spec.