• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD AR15 Target Rifle with 20" Proof 223 Barrel

yej0001

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Northern CA
This rifle was built with a Proof Research SS 20" 223 Wylde barrel (1:8) that's a tack driver with a variety of bullets, including 77 SMK. JP muzzle brake. BCM upper and STAG lower. Handguard is 15" Midwest Industries. Trigger is a Geissele 2-stage trigger. This is a perfect setup for competition or precision shooting, and handy enough as compared to a target/macth AR15 with bull barrel. Shot less than 900 rds.

$1175 $1100 shipped to your FFL.
$775 $675 for the complete upper.
$675 $575 for the upper minus BCG/CH.
I will keep the CA-compliant pistol grip. Scope/mount not included.

The upper is SPF

IMG_3765.jpeg
IMG_3766.jpeg

Last edited:
Interested in the upper.

What rounds (factory or custom) shot well out of it?

I haven't bought factory ammo since I started reloading a few years ago. I only shot hand loads with this rifle, mostly SMK77 bullets but also tried SMK 69, Hornady 53 VMAX, even the 55 FMJ. The barrel like them and gave me 0.5-1 MOA quite consistently. With FMJ there were more flies as expected.

It got about 800 rounds on the barrel. Still a lot of life left.

Last edited:
This rifle was built with a Proof Research SS 20" 223 Wylde barrel that's a tack driver with a variety of bullets, including 77 SMK. JP muzzle brake. BCM upper and STAG lower. Handguard is 15" Midwest Industries. Trigger is a Geissele 2-stage trigger. This is a perfect setup for competition or precision shooting. Shot less than 900 rds.

$1175 shipped to your FFL.
$775 for the complete upper.
$675 for the upper minus BCG/CH.
I will keep the CA-compliant pistol grip. Scope/mount not included.

View attachment 8373956View attachment 8373957
What twist is the barrel?