• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR15 Wood Stocks.. Anyone know about these????????

Re: AR15 Wood Stocks.. Anyone know about these????????

Not really for me, but those are kinda interesting.

CJG

my first thought was how ugly. then i saw the wood grain on some of the samples. wow. still a strange concept. really nice wood. kinda torn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my first thought was how ugly. then i saw the wood grain on some of the samples. wow. still a strange concept. really nice wood. kinda torn</div></div>

I am with Axeman on this one. I love the wood and the grains in the wood; however, when I used to hunt with wood stocks I would get mad every time I would put a ding in it which was a lot. It would be great for a show rifle but I am not sure I would hunt with something that nice. I would have to take the wood off and put on the other furniture when I take it to the woods.

It is a nice change from the usual black/various green/various brown polymer options out there. I am not sure how practical a wood stock on a rifle that is going to see anything more than bench use at the range or maybe the occassional prarie dog hunting trip will be, but to each their own in terms of looks and their individual needs.

I am thinking that someone got the idea that maybe the anti's would look more favorably on "Evil Black Rifles" (EBR's) if they had more traditional looking "sporting" stocks.

if I remember right SGC in the UK used to offer a wood thumbhole stock arrangement for AR style rifles - always looked a little odd.

The ones in the OP are OK I suppose (though not my cup of tea). Apart from being a different look, not sure what problem they are supposed to be the answer to?

One of the gun magazines had a recent write up about a rifle with some really nice wood furniture. It is to be auctioned off to raise money. I have seen another one with some really nice Cherry wood furniture.

But being a free float tube nut, I am going to wait until someone makes a ventilated free float tube for one.

I'm sorry but those things look like they fell out of an ugly tree and hit every freakin branch on the way down. I wonder if they come with a termite bond,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking that someone got the idea that maybe the anti's would look more favorably on "Evil Black Rifles" (EBR's) if they had more traditional looking "sporting" stocks. </div></div>

I doubt whether anyone here cares what anti-gunners think about their rifle's furniture. I know I don't.

Anti-gunners only care that we have guns. They could be pink polka-dotted with ponies and hearts but they still shoot bullets. Using how a gun looks is just the first step in moving on to the rest of them. They start with the scary looking assault rifles because they're the obvious target, but how a gun looks is irrelevant in their grand scheme.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking that someone got the idea that maybe the anti's would look more favorably on "Evil Black Rifles" (EBR's) if they had more traditional looking "sporting" stocks. </div></div>

I doubt whether anyone here cares what anti-gunners think about their rifle's furniture. I know I don't.

Anti-gunners only care that we have guns. They could be pink polka-dotted with ponies and hearts but they still shoot bullets. Using how a gun looks is just the first step in moving on to the rest of them. They start with the scary looking assault rifles because they're the obvious target, but how a gun looks is irrelevant in their grand scheme. </div></div>

I was only joking about the EBR "sporting" looking stocks, but you are absolutely spot on!
wink.gif

They're not for me, but if we all liked the exact same things life would be pretty dull.

I wouldn't mind having a walnut a2 stock and grip on my varmint rifle, would look good with the stainless steel barrel and black free float tube. The weird rainbow laminate stuff does nothing for me though.

I threw up a little in the back of my throat...

j/k

notice there is no mention to the weight of these sets...expensive and heavy I don't see the appeal. You're probably better off getting your plastic set dipped in faux wood-cheaper and lighter.

Maybe it's for the AR guys who wanna fit in with their hunting posse, lol

I am kind of thinking about going the wood route with my next AR build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Besides them being ugly as sin? </div></div>

Not for me.

I used to be in love with S&W blueing, fine wood stocks, etc. Looking around now, the only blued guns I have are a couple of Les Baer 1911's.

Wood on an AR is... just wrong. Where's my Krylon?

Guess I'm getting lazy in my old age.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: precisionfirearms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These wood kits are available at www.precisionfirearms.com. The are very well made. </div></div>

You resurrected a two and a half year old thread to pitch your own site? Hmm...

I had one of the JP Enterprise Thumbhole AR stocks at one point or another. Was actually a pretty slick stock for the AR setup. Wish I still had it cause it just felt "right"

Some of you guys crack me up and yes, it's pretty funny how old this thread is. Also funny how some will get out the Krylon and go crazy in the blink of an eye to get something which looks like shit from the beginning and will scratch from rubbing your arm hair on it very hard but then bitch because wood will scratch or ding if you treat it rough.
Guess what, there are still many very good shooting mil. and hunting rifles out there that have 200+ yr old wood stocks on them and demand serious $ if you want one. The barrels go bad way before the wood stock does, maybe we should start making barrels out of plastic.
wink.gif
Oh, and BTW, there's a lot of our people that are getting shot all over the world right now by modern military wood stocked rifles and its probably gonna keep happening for a long time, ask them which one is more deadly....plastic or wood stocked?

okie