• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR15 [zero] 0 Degree (ONLY) Vertical Grips - POST your PHOTO - Help Community Choose!

NinjasHide

December 15th 1791 = 2A
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2022
Mojave Dessert California
Please take time to help the community with your best Zero degree angle AR15 grip.

This could take all year to get your take for the best zero (0) degree grips for AR15.
Not 15 dregree, not 25 degree, but zero degree vertical grips!

So far I found these noteworthy zero degree grips.. (Photos Uploaded) Please add your own photo and take on your zero angle grip.

-MDT Premier vertical grip (3 piece) (aimed at bolt action but fits ar15/10)

-ERGO TDX 0 degree flat top tactical deluxe (aimed at ar15 but fits most bolt and AR platforms)

-Tangodown Battlegrip Flip Grip (aimed at ar15 but used on other platforms)

-MPA EVG grip (used on bolt action rifles & fits AR15/10)

-Anarchy Outdoors Tuxedo Grip (used on precision bolt actions or AR15/10 and other platforms)

Attachments

• 20220330_185901.png
    20220330_185901.png
    257 KB · Views: 710
  • 20220330_185917.jpg
    20220330_185917.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 527
  • 20220330_190006.jpg
    20220330_190006.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 561
  • 20220330_190031.jpg
    20220330_190031.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 558
  • 20220330_214906.jpg
    20220330_214906.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
The MPA one doesn't have a hole for the safety spring so you'll need to modify the grip or cut the spring.
I had the MDT premier one and reaching the safety means you have to come off the grip because it's so wide. I also received 3 of them where the safety spring hole was through the side of the grip core.
The TDX-0 is nice. It's what I use on my ARs currently.

Reactions: NinjasHide
The MPA one doesn't have a hole for the safety spring so you'll need to modify the grip or cut the spring.
I had the MDT premier one and reaching the safety means you have to come off the grip because it's so wide. I also received 3 of them where the safety spring hole was through the side of the grip core.
The TDX-0 is nice. It's what I use on my ARs currently.

I agree, the Ergo TDX seems to be a winner so far. I just checked my cart on opticsplanet and guess what? The Ergo TDX is sold out since posting this thread.
This is the 2nd time I've heard the MPA needs mods to work on AR platforms. Thank you for confirming this. MPA still might be worth a try. The other guy who told me he had to mod his said afterwards it turned out pretty nice. I absolutely love some of the bolt rifle grips.
Moving onto the MDT, I read a comment on a website about reaching the safety due to thickness of grip. I also hear its got jagged edges but nothing a fine file can't fix. Im thinking a ambidextrous safety may solve this or possibly the right safety but I wouldn't mod my safety around my grip. should be vise versa. Still I would love to try the MDT Premier. Ergo TDX-0 is in the lead so far!
Thanks srt-4_UK.

When I ran the MDT premier, I used an abmi safety and put the right side lever upside down (Fire was up and safe was forward). I used only the right side safety and it made it significantly easier to reach. But it completely messed up my manual of arms so that's why I got rid of it.

I didnt include the other MDT grip which is the brother of "MDT Premier".. the "MDT Elite".
It doesnt have the thumb rest but its much beefier, made for larger hands and still adjustable like the Premier version.
Does anyone have any experience with this "MDT Elite"?

So far the Ergo TDX-0 is a definite buy. Im really interested in Anarchy Outdoors, the Tuxedo and Penguin grips. Anyone please comment if you've used any of these. They produce good reviews I believe but Id like snipershide community input.

Attachments

• 20220401_005813.jpg
    20220401_005813.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 80
I don't have a pic on a rifle handy but the MKM grips are awesome. The ability to change thumb shelf and palm swell is great. It would be hard to beat this.

I tried the ergo and wasn’t thick enough for me. I settled on the anarchy tuxedo. It’s not perfect but closest so far. Wish the thumb shelf was angled up instead of flat but otherwise, if you have big hands it’s pretty good.

I’m going to have to check out that MKM one posted above though. Looks nice.

I like the Ergo 0° on my boltgun, but when trying it on my LMT and AR15 I found it put my hand too close to the trigger. Like uncomfortably hand crampingly close even when floating the thumb on the right side safety. I wear mostly size L gloves, so my hands aren't huge. It's not a 0° Grip but I use the B5 grip on pretty much all my AR type rifles now. I've been planning to try the MKM grip, but it's a very low priority.

Good luck OP

20220228_165316.jpg
20220217_202642.jpg

I don't have a pic on a rifle handy but the MKM grips are awesome. The ability to change thumb shelf and palm swell is great. It would be hard to beat this.

Much appreciated. I'll check out the MKM grips too.

Much appreciated. I'll check out the MKM grip too.

I like the Ergo 0° on my boltgun, but when trying it on my LMT and AR15 I found it put my hand too close to the trigger. Like uncomfortably hand crampingly close even when floating the thumb on the right side safety. I wear mostly size L gloves, so my hands aren't huge. It's not a 0° Grip but I use the B5 grip on pretty much all my AR type rifles now. I've been planning to try the MKM grip, but it's a very low priority.

Good luck OP

View attachment 7840586View attachment 7840587

Is the B5 grip you're talikg about the P-Grip 23?

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion
MKM crossover LOOKS to be what im looking for. Its got that back angle sorta shape and a 0 degree like hold with a small thumb shelf that isn't overly pronounced.
I've watched a lot of sniperhides "SHLowlight" videos he posts about trigger control and grip. I love the detail he gives.
I like ergo but NOT the finger grooves. I hate finger grooves. my hand needs flat surface control just like my finger likes a flat trigger. Comfort and curves offer me nothing. Hard to explain.
Snipershide has given me more info than all other sites combined. My brother turned me onto this site after AR15.com let me down month after month on definitive data, conversations trail off so much. My last straw was reading a long post on suppressor covers ending in a long pointless counter conversation..Much respect to all you guys. Your knowledge and experience is extremely valuable. Thank you all.

You can get it with or without the thumb ledge
Thank you Sogan! This MK Machining grip looks absolutely perfect for what I want. I do love the Ergo but as I said I dislike the finger grooves big time. This MKM is cheaper too.
How do you like yours? Fitment? Feel? Good control? Fills the palm nice? Good for medium large hands? Im 6ft tall.

Thank you Sogan! This MK Machining grip looks absolutely perfect for what I want. I do love the Ergo but as I said I dislike the finger grooves big time. This MKM is cheaper too.
How do you like yours? Fitment? Feel? Good control? Fills the palm nice? Good for medium large hands? Im 6ft tall.
Although I do have it at home, I have not installed it yet but do plan to do so this weekend. The guy you are after is @Harman117

He messaged me directly about it.

For anyone else that happens onto this thread: it's nice, fit and feel are great. I've been enjoying it. I'm 6'4" with large hands and it makes getting a good trigger press easier.

He messaged me directly about it.

For anyone else that happens onto this thread: it's nice, fit and feel are great. I've been enjoying it. I'm 6'4" with large hands and it makes getting a good trigger press easier.

Harman117, Thank you so much for showing us this MK Machining RECCE Vertical Crossover grip. Ergonomically exactly what I've been looking for, its angle, the palm, the texture, all the above.. I do like MDT Elite vertical grips but JEEZU at $99 bucks! Unless its made out of copper theres no reason this is worth $100 in my opinion. Do they got Rambo as a mascot? MDTs counterpart is the "MDT Premier" which began both with the thumb rest. How does a trimmed down version thats smaller cost far more. It dont even come with a grip plug. Do I get 100 free stickers with my order? Im sure someone will defend this but I find it so ridiculous to charge $99 for the MDT Elite. I do respect MDT, just not their prices. Holy cow. Make it a flip grip like tangodown and add bluetooth palm sensors with a bottle opener and maybe its worth $99.
Lastly, if Ergo TDX-0 got rid of its revolver finger grooves.. well, you'd have a MKM.. nevermind.

The MDT Elite comes with a grip plug. It's also rubber overmolded. It's adjustable forward and aft to give you proper finger placement. It adjusts angle to suit the individual. It's also isn't a trimmed down version the Premier. The Premier doesn't have a thumb rest. I don't like the price either but it really is awesome on a bolt gun. I was just pointing out the things you got wrong about it.