• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR30 brake on a surgeon xl AICS buide? thoughts?

GUNNER10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2005
Va
ok, im finalizing my surgeon xl build

so far the basics are

AICS 2.0
krieger MTU 27inch
jewel trigger

right now, i am trying to decide on a muzzle brake, from everything that i have read the AR30, is the most effective muzle brake out there right now

im a big functionality guy, but i do like the way some of the other brakes on the market look, namly that of the badger FTE and the surefire and the benifits they offer.

i like the fact that the badger is removable and how the surefire is ready for their cans,

in the immediate future i have no plans to run a can on my 338, but you never know.

so basically just looking for thoughts on running an AR30 brake on a surgeon xl AICS build,

Re: AR30 brake on a surgeon xl AICS buide? thoughts?

that ar30 brake is insanely huge. i have used both the fat basterd APA brake and muscle center shot rifles brakes on 338 edges and they were both very effective. one of them was 14lbs and the other 11lbs and i could shoot over 50 rds of each without any issues. honestly i am a recoil wimp so that is saying alot about the brakes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> honestly i am a recoil wimp so that is saying alot about the brakes.</div></div>

It's true....he won't shoot anything over a 6 Dasher I've heard.
laugh.gif

the brake on my AR50 works extremly well but like was said, it's huge!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> honestly i am a recoil wimp so that is saying alot about the brakes.</div></div>

It's true....he won't shoot anything over a 6 Dasher I've heard.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

hey i have a 7mm-08 and 308 mind you they are both wearing r&d brakes, so yeah i am a puss.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">right now, i am trying to decide on a muzzle brake, from everything that i have read the AR30, is the most effective muzle brake out there right now</div></div>

Get the APA fat bastard. If I recall my memory theres some vid in youtube under Patriot Arms were a really young boy was shooting a 338 Lapua.

i dont really mind the size of the brake, it is going to be a pig of a rifle

i think i am going to give it a try, its threaded the same as the badger and SF so we shall see,