• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR30 buttstock adapter

DaveV

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
_
I emailed Armalite today and asked about the rumored buttstock adapter they are working on. Here is the response for those who might be interested:

<span style="font-style: italic">Sir,

We do have something in the works, but the proto type that we had extended the buttstock out making for a longer reach. But we are working on it.

ArmaLite, Inc.

745 S. Hanford St.

Geneseo, IL. 61254

Phone 309-945-6939 (ext. 125)

Fax 309-944-6949</span>

Re: AR30 buttstock adapter

Well I hope someone comes up with something soon. It doesn't seem like it should be that hard if you are actually trying to figure something out. I am going to get a picatinny rail installed on the bottom of the fore-end so I can run an atlas, and get the trigger tuned. I figured at the same time I would talk to the gunsmith about making an adapter and see what he says.

Re: AR30 buttstock adapter

Yeah, in principle it's not hard. However, in discussing this with some of the smith's here, the issue is in LOP. This is what Armalite is dealing with. There are guys here who will do the work. The challenge is having a rifle on hand to tweak with in order to work out the kinks. If Armalite is willing to do the heavy lifting, I will let them. Otherwise, I will pursue another option and update whoever has ears to hear.