• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR308 Build & Wilson Combat & Lightweight BCG?

cafemike

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2021
South Carolina
Looking to do my first AR308 build using Wilson Combat parts (billet receiver set, barrel, BCG, rail) Does anyone have any experience with the WC lightweight BCG? Any suggestions with assembly & gasblocks? Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Reactions: Eli17L
I would start with: why in the world do you think you need a lightweight BCG? I dont like them, personally, but put that aside. Everything about a 308AR is different, brand to brand. an AR308 "build" is complex, as one part does not fit to another. Start easy, and introduce the least amount of variability into the build.

Reactions: GhostFace
I don’t think Wilson Combat makes large frame receivers that you can buy. You might need to look into some other manufacturers.

As stated above, don’t run a lightweight carrier unless you have a specific need for one for competition use. Large frame ARs are difficult to build correctly and throwing an LMOS carrier in there is only going to introduce more issues relating to tuning the gas system.

I don’t think Wilson Combat makes large frame receivers that you can buy. You might need to look into some other manufacturers.
https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Lower_Upper-Receiver-Matched-Sets/products/1337/

Last edited:
There are several JP video's that discuss LMOS vs FMOS with SCS in the mix. I went JP full mass bolt carrier/with HP bolt assembly, SA adjustable gas block, and a Tubbs flat spring. Easy to tune, smooth as silk.