• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arbor Press Substitute.

PJV99

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2023
Worcester
Morning all

Having decided to change over to Arbor Press reloading system I'm having an issue finding a press.

Looking at temporary alternatives I came across a hand drill press on eBay

Given I can buy a 200mm length of 40mm diameter aluminium bar for less than £10 means a press for £25

Anyone done anything similar?

That unit looks a bit sketchy for serious reloading - and it is probably way too big. Rather than buy one of the ridiculously expensive reloading market specific presses, I use a general purpose arbor press purchased from eBay. Works very well at a fraction of the cost.

Just a follow up:
I use this press and bolt it to my reloading table for each use (takes about 1 minute to bolt on or off). For shorter dies I have a metal plate and for longer dies a metal cylinder to provide extra height. Works great.
wQdXZBs.jpg

aHBPth8.jpg

Thanks for the input and pic's. I'll keep my eyes on eBay.

In terms of buying a press from the US I would welcome the name of a suitable supplier for a Sinclair press who is able to export to the UK.

If nothing else you should be able to buy one like Rider47 pictured which is used to press things in and out of mechanical assemblies.

Having been digging around looks like Rider47's press is identical to a 0.5t Arbor sold by Sealey Tools here in the UK and can be had for £70 ( nearly US$90) which is half the cost of a Sinclair.

Thanks for all the advice

Reactions: ShtrRdy
You can also use a bottle capper with the arbor dies.
Then again, a cheap arbor press can be had for $80.

Your farm type supply stores should have an arbor press. Might be called a bearing press?

Many thanks for all the replies certainly seems as if I have plenty of alternatives until supplies in the UK get better.

Obviously anyone in the UK who has a press they no longer use or require please let me know.