• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arc’teryx warranty

264win

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2008
    whidbey island wa.
    Anyone used their warranty recently?
    With so many companies customer service taking a dump recently, I want to check before sending anything in.

I have not, but most of their stuff only has a 1-2yr warranty.
    I would expect them to be good at least for that time period.
    Some brands like Osprey will send you a friggin tent next day air while your in the woods just on your word.

It’s a leaf shell that I have had for several years. Dont remember where I bought it Unfortunately.
    it’s my favorite shell by far. Having a few seams start to give out

Fuck commie Arcteryx
    I've used these guys for gear repairs and it comes back flawless. I highly recommend them because the dead bird will probably tell you to pound sand if you're not LE/Mil.

RAINY PASS REPAIR
    4415 Stone Way North
    Seattle, WA 98103-7422
    Tel. 206-523-8135
    Tel. 888-747-7867
    Web: www.rainypass.com

Fuck commie Arcteryx
    I've used these guys for gear repairs and it comes back flawless. I highly recommend them because the dead bird will probably tell you to pound sand if you're not LE/Mil.

RAINY PASS REPAIR
    4415 Stone Way North
    Seattle, WA 98103-7422
    Tel. 206-523-8135
    Tel. 888-747-7867
    Web: www.rainypass.com
    Appreciate the recommendation, those guys are almost local to me 👍

I recently sent in a hoodie for Arc'Teryx to repair, as the zipper gave out. Hoodie is at least 6 years old.

Experience was great. They repaired for free, and completed the work in about a month in which I got the hoodie back. Absolutely no complaints.

Hit or miss, getting worse. Arcteryx was bought by Salomon Group (early 2000's), which was bought by Amer Sports (mid 2000's), the majority of which was bought by Anta Group (2018-2019). Amer did some good & bad things, but it was Anta that fucked things up real good.

Soft shell was after 7 or 8 years of frequent use... I wanted to pay them to reweld a couple seam failures. Instead, they offered to essentially buy it back w/ a voucher @ 90% of original MSRP. Completely unexpected, but I'm happy.

2 Alpha SVs had many unacceptable premature seam weld failures, beginning in 2nd & 3rd season of ownership... User issue? Nope, check reviews on retail websites to see it's a common enough issue with the Alpha SV seams. Ultimately, Arcteryx doesn't stand behind their flagship jackets.

All other failures were either 100% my faullt, not worth messing with, or standard end-of-life failures. FWIW, Arcteryx used to repair user damage at users' expense, but refused a recent request & directed me to someone like @Wyfox's rec.

I recently sent in a hoodie for Arc'Teryx to repair, as the zipper gave out. Hoodie is at least 6 years old.

Experience was great. They repaired for free, and completed the work in about a month in which I got the hoodie back. Absolutely no complaints.
    The last time I sent stuff in it was great except the interntational shipping to Vancouver (or wherever, in Canada).

The last time I sent stuff in it was great except the interntational shipping to Vancouver (or wherever, in Canada).

You don't have to do that anymore. It's a US based location that you ship to, if you are shipping from the US.

Reactions: ma smith
    My repair is a failed seam on a hard shell. It has a lot of years of regular use and still is 100% water proof. No complaints at all.
    I sent them an email and got a response next day with instructions to send in in for inspection. Hopefully it will go smoothly

After they went completely "Woke", started having stuff made in China and then stopped selling the LEAF line to civilians I wrote them off.

Sold all of mine on Ebay for big $$$ then bought a shit ton of Kuiu, a company that supports hunters/shooters.

FWIW this is going back many years, haven't bought anything from Arcteryx for a long time, once they started making stuff in China, but they used to recommend Rainy Pass as an authorized repair option. I've sent a couple pieces back to them in the past and had great results. Sadly most of my old Canada gear from them is simply at end of life these days. Gotta find the little companies before they get bought up and turned into money makers exploiting a hard earned reputation by investment groups. As soon as that happens, or they start making too many types of products, beyond what got them that reputation, to drive more market share, quality always decreases.

Reactions: ma smith
    They offer a lot of other related product sales not restricted to consumer demographics on their website. Hmmmmm.
    Government LEAF contract tasty cake and then turn of the cheek to let-them-eat-cake for the working man. Apparently my green Franklin's are not green-enough for their business Model.