• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC M-Brace Scope Base for ZCO Scope

Lsume81

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2022
South Louisiana
I have recently purchased a ZCO scope and need a 36mm scope base. I already have a 10 MOA rail installed on my 6.5 CM rifle and would prefer to continue to use the rail. So I was looking for a 10 MOA scope base for the ZCO to give me a total 20 MOA cant for the scope. The only 10 MOA base I've been able to find is an ARC M-Brace mount. I have no experience with this company but the mount looks like it is constructed very well. Any feedback on the ARC mount or any other suggestions for a 10 MOA mount would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just go with 20MOA. Most of us running ZCO are running 6601 Spuhr. They are superior to the Mbrace from a mounting options and durability standpoint.

There is more than enough elevation. I run a 30moa rail and 20 moa mount on my Vudoo/5-27. Has plenty of elevation to zero at 50 and gives you about 27 mils of travel.

When you see a Mbrace fail in the middle of a national match, it does not inspire confidence. ARC didnt even replace it, he demanded his money back and got it.

How so? I've seen a lot of threads about Spuhr ring caps and clamps cracking but haven't seen anything about ARC mounts. Can you point me in the right direction?
The hinge that the pins go through, they sheared completely off on a buddies rifle during a match. He went back to Spuhr. I know alot of guys running Mbrace and most are pissed about the lack of accessories and mounts. Whats the point of buying a modular mount with accessory points when there are no adapters to use them. I love ARC rings but after seeing that it made me think about how much stress is being put on the mount picking up a 20lb+ gun and throwing it around. I'll stick with Spuhr.

SPUHR is way ahead when it comes to mounts and much cheaper to be honest. $150 for a top rail? Get fucked ARC.

I can run a RMR, sent it and a brass catcher from my Spuhr. Could add a HUD as well if I wanted.

I don't think anyone would argue accessories. It's like Badger Comm mounts. They are new and take a while to roll out accessories.

But you've seen one pin fail and that makes them less durable?
Do not Google "Sphur cracked".

I don't think anyone would argue accessories. It's like Badger Comm mounts. They are new and take a while to roll out accessories.

But you've seen one pin fail and that makes them less durable?
Do not Google "Sphur cracked".
Badger Cond 1 has been out for like 5 years.

I have never seen a Sphur crack. Here in the PNW, This is ARC country. There are still 3 times as many SPUHR at a match than ARC. There are some guys on this site who switched to Mbrace and back to SPUHR this season after running them. I won't call them out but they can chime up if they want.

Mbrace has been out for 2 atleast years. There is zero excuse for not having mounts for the things people want such as Send It.

SPUHR is way ahead when it comes to mounts and much cheaper to be honest. $150 for a top rail? Get fucked ARC.

Spuhr cheaper than MBRACE? The 6601 is $410, versus the MBRACE at $280. If you're going to go with an overhung pic rail on the front ring, to compare versus the ARC LRF bridge, you're at $62 for the Spuhr versus $150 for ARC. So, your total price for that two-part combo:

Spuhr: $410+$62 = $472
ARC: $280 + $150 = $430

I'm...truly not following your math, if you're asserting that ARC is more expensive. Especially if you're not actually planning to run the LRF bridge, in which case you're $130 ahead going ARC, and the Spuhr cracking issue is well-known as commented above.

Badger Cond 1 has been out for like 5 years.

I have never seen a Sphur crack. Here in the PNW, This is ARC country. There are still 3 times as many SPUHR at a match than ARC. There are some guys on this site who switched to Mbrace and back to SPUHR this season after running them. I won't call them out but they can chime up if they want.

Mbrace has been out for 2 atleast years. There is zero excuse for not having mounts for the things people want such as Send It.

Attachments

• A9044AAC-9ACD-4B63-B917-0B67933ACBA6.jpeg
    A9044AAC-9ACD-4B63-B917-0B67933ACBA6.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 122
All I know is... I love my two M-Brace mounts and don't want anything else.
...and happen to like the bridge on mine with my ZCO.

Attachments

• ZCO8401.jpg
    ZCO8401.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: Hkmiller
The M-Brace is vastly superior. The fact that dismount hates it is only further proof of this. And just go with 20 MOA. Your ZCO has plenty of elevation room.

The hinge that the pins go through, they sheared completely off on a buddies rifle during a match. He went back to Spuhr. I know alot of guys running Mbrace and most are pissed about the lack of accessories and mounts. Whats the point of buying a modular mount with accessory points when there are no adapters to use them. I love ARC rings but after seeing that it made me think about how much stress is being put on the mount picking up a 20lb+ gun and throwing it around. I'll stick with Spuhr.

I can run a RMR, sent it and a brass catcher from my Spuhr. Could add a HUD as well if I wanted.
How do you run a brass catcher off the spuhr? I've come up empty handed on looking

As said before, go with 20 moa in your mount. 20-50 moa added cant is perfectly fine with a ZCO and most others. My preference is 30-40, but that's only preference.

I've got both Spuhr and M Brace. Spuhr is currently sitting in a drawer. They're both great mounts, so you'll likely be happy with either of them. They both have a few shortcomings, and they shine in different areas imo. M Brace is alot cheaper if you just want a one piece mount without accessories. Spuhr is a bit more streamlined and does offer more accessory specific mounting options. If you get the LRF mount for the M Brace, price between them is about a wash, but I think it's probably the best option if you prefer to run your support hand on top of your scope (well, mount in this case).

I love the argument.

DD-$150 for a top rail? Get fucked ARC.

People that can math- it's a cheaper total package

DD- Go be poor somewhere else

Reactions: leftyk82
I've heard of a few cases where guys broke their added picatinny rail and top piece of their front mount on a Spuhr by lifting a heavy rifle with it.
I don't ever use my scope to lift a 20lb+ rifle as I don't consider it a rifle handle like others do.

Reactions: Blort