• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC mags in AIAT rifle

Serpico1985

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2008
Charlotte NC
Do the American Rifle Company mags work in the AIATs? I'm talking about the AT rifles not the chassis's. Saw a video from Patriot Valley where they run the ARC mags in a factory AX rifle.

Seems like if they work in an AIAT it would be cool too try them with the +4 or 5 extension from area 419.

Just curious.

I couldn’t get my ARC mag to lock into my AX short action.

Roger that. I was referring to this video:

I’m new to AI rifles and have a AT. Just curious and I didn’t see it discussed in a few different threads on the topic of ARC mags. Now I see that the AX uses a different mag than the AT. Oh well.

I recall seeing that video then wondering why my ARC wouldn’t fit in my AI. The AT uses the AW mag form factor, which should also work in the AX from what I’ve read around these parts; only difference between the two is the lip on the front of the AX mag.

with AICS mags, the mag lips hit the bolt body of an AT...you can insert an AICS into an AT, but when you try to run the bolt, the bolt head clears, then the body hits the lips...if i recall, we werent able to lock the mag in with the bolt forward because of this, cant remember well because it was a long time ago, and loading center feed mags sucks compared to loading AW/AX mags so we didnt put much effort into it