• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Mags in Xylo Chassis

FredHammer

FAFOIST
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2006
    CONUS
    Got a Xylo chassis and some 10rnd 308 mags. I can't get the mags to stay in the daggum magwell. They fit in the Magpul and MDT stocks without problem. Looks like the mag paddle needs more metal or a JB welded lip on it, or the bump on the back of the magazine needs to have .020 more protrusion.

This just my kinda luck or what?

Reactions: diverdon
    Yes, call ARC. I believe the mag catches that are shipped now are for AW mags. If that's the problem, they will have one for AICS mags that you can switch out very easily.

Reactions: FredHammer
    Ok thanks for the replies. I will keep these since they work in my other rigs. Try to get the AW mags. I know the CDG is designed for the AW, but any issues with the Nucleus in a Xylo?

My ARC mags fit my Xylo like a glove...have used both Nuke and Arch receivers...

Reactions: FredHammer
    Yes, call ARC. I believe the mag catches that are shipped now are for AW mags. If that's the problem, they will have one for AICS mags that you can switch out very easily.
    Nope.

0F3DD59C-5490-442F-BD2F-9D38DCBDFC82.png

I've used my Xylo with Arc mag and Nucleus and Archimedes actions without any issues. You are saying your mag locks in and then slides down and then falls out?

Occasionally if I have my bolt closed and ten rounds loaded in the mag I may have to give it a good push or tap to seat the mag. If the bolt is back I have no issues at all.

I've used my Xylo with Arc mag and Nucleus and Archimedes actions without any issues. You are saying your mag locks in and then slides down and then falls out?

Occasionally if I have my bolt closed and ten rounds loaded in the mag I may have to give it a good push or tap to seat the mag. If the bolt is back I have no issues at all.
    Loaded, unloaded, bolt open, bolt closed, the bump on the rear of the ARC mag and the Xylo mag lever do not come into contact enough for there to be a "shelf" for the two parts. Magpul AICS work fine and the bump on the rear of the Magpul mag is thicker. Coming upon the optional .030 mag lever I think is the fix. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I call.

Loaded, unloaded, bolt open, bolt closed, the bump on the rear of the ARC mag and the Xylo mag lever do not come into contact enough for there to be a "shelf" for the two parts. Magpul AICS work fine and the bump on the rear of the Magpul mag is thicker. Coming upon the optional .030 mag lever I think is the fix. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I call.
    Maybe the catch on the mag got smooshed in a little or was never pushed out far enough? Can you pull the floor plate off and remove the spring and follower to gain access from the inside? Give the catch a little persuasion to push it out further?

If the catch is too shallow I'm not sure how a longer mag latch is the answer?

There are multiple latch dimensions available. The standard one depending on action doesn't work well with arc mags. I installed a longer catch and arc mags have been great ever since. I run arc mags in creedmoor, gt, and bra, no issues. In any my ai atx, xlr, xylo, foundation/otm stocks, I've just never really had a problem. Been using them with bighorn, arc, bat and lone peak actions.

There are multiple latch dimensions available. The standard one depending on action doesn't work well with arc mags. I installed a longer catch and arc mags have been great ever since. I run arc mags in creedmoor, gt, and bra, no issues. In any my ai atx, xlr, xylo, foundation/otm stocks, I've just never really had a problem. Been using them with bighorn, arc, bat and lone peak actions.
    The ARC mag ran great in the Magpul pro stock with an Aero SOLUS sitting in it. .243AI feeds great with the design of the mag placing a single round in center. Double stack mags side-by side with AI can be a problem.

Maybe the catch on the mag got smooshed in a little or was never pushed out far enough? Can you pull the floor plate off and remove the spring and follower to gain access from the inside? Give the catch a little persuasion to push it out further?

If the catch is too shallow I'm not sure how a longer mag latch is the answer?
    I got two ARC mag and they are both the same. I understand your point and will look into it.

Maybe pull the action out of the Xylo and look from above while the mag is inserted?

Got two more Xylo chassis in. Another for me and one for a friend. Those two new chassis held the magazines just fine. I compared the orientation of the mag levers and saw my problem chassis lever didn't stick out as far at rest. I took .010 off the back of the mag lever to make it match the other chassis and that did the trick. Time to order more ARC mags!