• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC mount vs two piece rings

Bayou1535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
MW
Well, I ordered a zeiss 6-36 and need to pick up some rings. I've always used seekins in the past but want to try out these arc rings. I will wait till the glass comes in to get the proper measurement but those that have used arc before what is the consensus between the mount vs two piece rings. This will be for a vudoo with a 40 moa base. With the 40 moa base and size of the scope, I will more than likely use a 0 or 10 moa ring. Don't know if it matters or if the bubble level is any count but the one piece mount comes with one. My concern with the one piece is that it will set too high but won't know until the scope gets here to do measurements. What is everyone's idea on the subject?

https://americanrifle.odoo.com/shop/m-brace-scope-rings-1414#attr=207,304

I have both. They each serve a purpose. If you need more offset the M Brace is nice. If not, just go with the ARC rings. Both are very nice products.

The 1.26” wouldn’t be bad for the mount. Here is a picture of the same scope on a 40 moa base in a 1.125” mount so the mount you are looking at would be about .1” higher than that. Would come down to if you had an adjustable comb stock so you can raise it a little to adjust.

A good set of rings would work fine too. Really just personal preference in the end.

33B8A11E-4944-4A96-AF98-91F5A5240C54.jpeg

Reactions: FuhQ
Well, I ordered a zeiss 6-36 and need to pick up some rings. I've always used seekins in the past but want to try out these arc rings. I will wait till the glass comes in to get the proper measurement but those that have used arc before what is the consensus between the mount vs two piece rings. This will be for a vudoo with a 40 moa base. With the 40 moa base and size of the scope, I will more than likely use a 0 or 10 moa ring. Don't know if it matters or if the bubble level is any count but the one piece mount comes with one. My concern with the one piece is that it will set too high but won't know until the scope gets here to do measurements. What is everyone's idea on the subject?

https://americanrifle.odoo.com/shop/m-brace-scope-rings-1414#attr=207,304

I prefer independent rings, myself. Never really been a fan of 1-piece mounts, other than for use on AR's.

I went with the ARC M-BRACE 34mm rings 1.00" height. Worked perfect on my 700 5R Milspec .260 Rem with a 20MOA base. Plenty of clearance for the scope cap with a sunshade. 👍🏼

Also, I went and zero'd my LRP S3 6-36x56 today... HOLY SHIT! It was a great scope inside a big store, the many times I've looked through them over the last few months, but it's an amazing scope outside! You will be very impressed with the glass. Zero CA, super crisp image and reticle, bright, clear, it's extremely impressive for $2,500. The Arken EP-5 will NOT be going back on that rifle. It might even go up for sale, along with many other lower-end scopes in my lineup, and upgrade them with LRP S3's, V4's, V6's, and scopes of that level. I have lots of Zeiss scopes already, and have for years. Same with Kahles. But Zeiss really knocked it out of the park with the LRP S3. That's a lot of scope for the money.

IMG_8302.jpeg
IMG_8307.jpeg
IMG_8308.jpeg

The barreled action will be going in a mdt elite so I will have a adjustable comb. I believe the mount will be fine, it won't be much difference from the two piece if I go that route.

Full disclosure, I have never used a one piece mount.

My preference for rings is; 1) less weight up top and; 2) I can set the independent rings where I want on the rail to provide good clearance of the erector housing.

These may be inconsequential but its my muddled reasoning on the subject.

Reactions: stilesg57 and FuhQ
to me it comes down to do you want any extra cant in the rings (vs the base) with regards to the M10 vs M-Brace. If you are going zero, use either. if you want 10/20/30/45 MOA etc, you'll have to go with the M-brace or something like Burris XTR signature rings.

In the past to me the one piece setups were more for the AR platform when you would want to extend the scope more forward but utilize the rail on top of the receiver (vs. bridging the gap between the receiver and front rail system).

I have standard ARC M10 rings on my nucleus bolt gun and have a one piece setup on my main AR (extended forward).

By the by, like many here I absolutely love my ARC rings and they are all I will use going forward for a couple of reasons incl the scope not rotating when they are tightened down as is common with the traditional base and cap type rings.

Reactions: YotaEer and FuhQ
By the by, like many here I absolutely love my ARC rings and they are all I will use going forward for a couple of reasons incl the scope not rotating when they are tightened down as is common with the traditional base and cap type rings.
Same here... Anyone on here knows I've been a huge fan of the Seekins rings for a decade... But these new ARC rings are SO much faster to install, and so much easier. You literally only have to level the scope once, and then gradually torque the screws up to 55 in-lbs. and the scope will stay in place, and not shift left or right and then have to start over and realign the damn scope and ring caps all over again. 🤦🏼

I will be using ARC M-Brace rings going forward on all my builds, or scope upgrades.

I prefer the rings, more adjustability if needed. ARC is all I'll use anymore, they're great, so easy, and the same torque for all bolts.

Reactions: YotaEer
I prefer independent rings, myself. Never really been a fan of 1-piece mounts, other than for use on AR's.

I went with the ARC M-BRACE 34mm rings 1.00" height. Worked perfect on my 700 5R Milspec .260 Rem with a 20MOA base. Plenty of clearance for the scope cap with a sunshade. 👍🏼

Also, I went and zero'd my LRP S3 6-36x56 today... HOLY SHIT! It was a great scope inside a big store, the many times I've looked through them over the last few months, but it's an amazing scope outside! You will be very impressed with the glass. Zero CA, super crisp image and reticle, bright, clear, it's extremely impressive for $2,500. The Arken EP-5 will NOT be going back on that rifle. It might even go up for sale, along with many other lower-end scopes in my lineup, and upgrade them with LRP S3's, V4's, V6's, and scopes of that level. I have lots of Zeiss scopes already, and have for years. Same with Kahles. But Zeiss really knocked it out of the park with the LRP S3. That's a lot of scope for the money.

View attachment 8140828
View attachment 8140829
View attachment 8140830
Curious how fat that barrel is. Considering ARC .98 rings with my proof contour barrel just not sure it’ll fit.

I've tested RTZ with both and it's within .1 mil if you're repeatable about how you install them. I typically err towards rings for the availability of lower height options and the freedom it gives for spacing, but I have both and really have no complaints either way.