• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Xylo Chassis Buttpad problem

axarob44

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2017
Warren, Ohio
Anyone else having a problem with their ARC Xylo chassis buttpad splitting and chunking. I'm on my second set with both my chassis. I replaced them both last month and both have a split in the rubber again. I'm putting them in a dragbag case to the range and back. Shooting from a bench and back in the safe. Very far from any hard use.

I can't keep shelling out $38 every month for new buttpads. Probably not a whole lot of other options for replacement either. I wanted to see if anyone else is having an issue. I honestly can't see that I'm doing something wrong here, none of my other stocks with rubber buttpads have any chunks after far more rigorous use.

I bought the first chassis in August and the second one in October so not even a lot of use. They are too soft. So far just range to bench to safe use.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one with chunking and cracking butt pads on this chassis. My new butt pads are both split and one has a big chunk out of the side. These things are to narrow to be this soft.
If you have a Xylo chassis take a look at the buttpad to see if any of yours are spit, chunked or cracked. I'm not trying to start problems but can't see why mine are getting chewed up. Safe to range, that's it. Shooting off a bench is all so far. I bought the new ones in December so I've maybe shot the one rifle 3-4 times the other once. Take a look. Thanks

ETA: the one that has the shiny spot is superglue to try to prevent it from chunking off after it was split
IMG_2425.jpeg
IMG_2424.jpeg

Last edited:
Hard to say what's causing that. I beat the bejeezus out of two Xylo's over the course of two years, and never saw anything like that.

I thought I saw in an earlier thread when they first came out people were bitching about them being to narrow and HARD so maybe they went with a softer compound. I'll see if I can find it again. I don't know, I'm at a loss. I can't baby them anymore than I already am and there is no other option out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: spife7980
No problems with mine other than I dont like how narrow it is. I wonder if you could just fit an aftermarket pad to it somehow?

Mine was splitting back when I first got it (on the initial pre-order). I bought a Pachmayr 1/4" pad and belt sanded it down to fit the backing plate. Drilled new screw holes in it. It's not pretty but it works.

I was able to talk to ARC today. They are sending out two new pads. I hope it was a bad batch or something like that. Is it possible to sand another standard butt pad down that far to fit on that narrow plate? Isn't there some type of internal "frame" that is molded over with the rubber if you grind it down that far that will be exposed? I really have no clue on how to do it and make it look presentable.

The ARC rep I talked to said they have heard about it happening but It was few and far between. So, if anyone else has had any problems let them know. Maybe they will make a better one.

Last edited:
Mine was splitting back when I first got it (on the initial pre-order). I bought a Pachmayr 1/4" pad and belt sanded it down to fit the backing plate. Drilled new screw holes in it. It's not pretty but it works.
How did it come out? Look good?

I was able to talk to ARC today. They are sending out two new pads. I hope it was a bad batch or something like that. Is it possible to sand another standard butt pad down that far to fit on that narrow plate? Isn't there some type of internal "frame" that is molded over with the rubber if you grind it down that far that will be exposed? I really have no clue on how to do it and make it look presentable.

The ARC rep I talked to said they have heard about it happening but It was few and far between. So, if anyone else has had any problems let them know. Maybe they will make a better one.
Definitely cut through the outer ring of the internal steel frame. It looks okay. Not great, but it works.

1710207203536.png