• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Xylo Chassis Magazine Over Insertion Screws

axarob44

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2017
Warren, Ohio
Does anyone know what type of screw are the magazine over insertion screws . I know they are 10-32 but was wondering what type? I'm guessing low head SHCS or possibly what Mcmaster Car sells ultra low head cap screw. Or are they a custom made screw? And it kind of blows my mind that they are not included with the chassis for the extra $7.00 that cost me $19.00 total to have them shipped to me. Also this is a Nucleus action too you would figure it wouldn't need them. What do I know though. Thank you.

ETA: I do appreciate that ARC offers their products at very economical price point in this day and age. And they quality is superb !

Last edited:
There’s an exploded drawing of the Xylo on the website. It will have a number and arrow pointing to the appropriate part. Off to the side will be a part list/ description. It’s listed under Product Drawings and Instructions.

Yeah it doesn't tell you what type of screw it is. Just lists it as M12 magazine stop screw. I did order them but was curious what they actually are. I found one 10-32 low head screw and put it in and it seems to clear the bottom of the action but don't know for sure.

Last edited:
Maybe this will help...

Xylo Magazine Over Insertion Screws.jpeg

Those heads are thin! Looks like I'll be waiting till Friday. Thanks for the picture Ichi ! I get it, those are kind of expensive screws.

ETA: Just for reference. The standard low head (Camcar brand) screws clear the action in the chassis. I have a long action Gen 1 Nucleus Action in a long action Xylo chassis (newest straight from ARC don't know what Gen)

Don't know if they will clear with a different action. I just painted the screw heads to see if there was interference between the screw heads and bottom of the action as I carefully tightened the action screws. I will replace with the proper screws when they get here from ARC

The magazines fit with no slop now!

Last edited: