• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARCA question

Rant Durden

Calmer than you
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2018
Looking at changing out my tripod to an ARCA setup and adding rails to some of my rifles. I already have. Short rail, but I see a ton of rails that run the length of the fore end or hand guard?
Why would you need that long a rail?

Gives you the option to switch everything to arca. Bipod on a arca clamp to the rail. Then you can move it willy nilly or hand stop or barricade rest or all the above.
My buddy runs an adapter on his arca rail to another arca rail to get the bipod out to near the end of his muzzle.
FB_IMG_1642482019337.jpg

@camocorvette has the right of it. Long rail provides more flexibility on attachment position, and also a nice flat surface for good settle into a bag on a prop. Many forends are pretty flat, but for the more rounded ones this can be a benefit.

Front for your bipod and rear part if you want to mount the gun on a tripod with an ARCA clamp....and anywhere in between?

Reactions: camocorvette