• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARCA rail for TRG

acourvil

Chief
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2013
San Jose, CA
Does anyone sell an arca rail adapter that fits the Sako TRG forend? Or maybe modded a KRG chasis arca rail to fit well?

Foundation stocks is making an Anschutz to ARCA system.

RRS makes a Anschutz adapter plate as well.

Not sure about the Sako TRG Anschutz rail, but the RRS adapter does not fit the Anschutz rail on my Tikka M595... or the one on my Manners... or the one on my McMillan...

RRS Anschutz adapter plate does not fit any of my TRG's. And like rymart noted above, it didn't fit my McM "Anschutz style" either. It does fit my Anschutz Anschutz rail;). BTW, I have an as new one if someone needs one- don't need one on my PCP.

Just an FYI if anyone else is looking for this. If you get the "BT28N replacement T-nuts" for the BT28 AFAR kit from B&T Industries, you can use those T-nuts in the Sako TRG anschutz -style rail and mount a generic ARCA rail with appropriate bolts (10-32, I think). It looks like the "Tnut for Ancschutz or Savage FTR" from Phoenix Precision would also work (and is a little beefier), but it needs to shortened to fit in the slide-in for the rail.

Kind of a necro thread but have any other options come out for the TRG? for short ARCA rails?

I know someone mentioned above the RRS plate (BANS-80) did not fit their TRG, but was it the plate itself (it appears the plate also has tabs that need to be able to slot into the rail) that did not slide in the rail or the t-nuts? I've used the BT28-N AFAR t-nuts on my TRG for other accessories. I suppose as long as the plate does not have tabs on it that need to slide into the rail, any universal arca rail would work with the BT28-N nuts as well.

Kind of a necro thread but have any other options come out for the TRG? for short ARCA rails?

I know someone mentioned above the RRS plate (BANS-80) did not fit their TRG, but was it the plate itself (it appears the plate also has tabs that need to be able to slot into the rail) that did not slide in the rail or the t-nuts? I've used the BT28-N AFAR t-nuts on my TRG for other accessories. I suppose as long as the plate does not have tabs on it that need to slide into the rail, any universal arca rail would work with the BT28-N nuts as well.

I used the BT28-N nuts with a Henderson Precision ARCA Rail.

https://www.hendersonprecision.com/product-page/copy-of-universal-10-inch-1-5-d-rail

5E346C4E-158E-402A-BF46-E53645C9C771.jpeg

I looked at the henderson precision and what I didn't like about it for the TRG is the raised section it has on the rifle side is only as wide as the rail on the TRG, and that rail does not look that stiff/solid. Just seemed like it would be better if it was a flat bottom, or the raised section was thin enough to sit inside the so the the whole rail clamped into the entire stock, not just a bit of overlap with the rail in the stock. Probably over thinking it, but it just didn't seem like it would be as solid and could put a lot of torsional stress on the rail itself.

It’s pretty solid. I don’t think it’s going anywhere. I understand your concern, it’s not an ideal solution. I wish someone would make a replacement rail for the TRG forearm.

I’ll probably get a KRG chassis and folder eventually.

Found a Canadain company called Coretac Solutions that offer a few ARCA rail options for the TRG. They were helpful through emails. Its basically a bracket that slides in the forearm slot that the arca rail bolts to. Installed it today and haven't had a chance the test it out but if feels solid.

Attachments

• 20230126_132801.jpg
    20230126_132801.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 98
  • 20230126_132749.jpg
    20230126_132749.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 97