• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARCA rail length KRG Bravo

edwardmatt83

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
I ordered a KRG Bravo for my CZ 457 Varmint with 16" barrel. I plan on adding an Area 419 ARCA rail. What length rail would you choose?

On my KRG Bravo for my T1x, I put on a 9.5” KRG Arca rail.
4968800E-6F18-478B-9636-8CD2EE30A9F6.jpeg

If it makes any difference...this will be for nrl22. I plan on adding atlas bipod, spigot mount, and barricade stop from 419.

OP, if you plan on adding a spigot mount I would stick with the 9 in. I have the KRG rails on both of my bravos and really like them. My friend won a 14 in. Area 419 universal rail and he put that on his, so it sticks way beyond the forearm and would completely negate adding a spigot other than for weight.
The main reason I would go with KRG's own rail is it doesnt just attach to the plastic forearm, but it screws right into the backbone. It is about as solid of a mounting solution as you can get.

OP, if you plan on adding a spigot mount I would stick with the 9 in. I have the KRG rails on both of my bravos and really like them. My friend won a 14 in. Area 419 universal rail and he put that on his, so it sticks way beyond the forearm and would completely negate adding a spigot other than for weight.
The main reason I would go with KRG's own rail is it doesnt just attach to the plastic forearm, but it screws right into the backbone. It is about as solid of a mounting solution as you can get.
^^^ This. I originally got the 419 rail for the Bravo and didn’t like how it attached. It was also a pain to install. I think the KRG rail is a much better option for the Bravo. I also added the KRG forend weight on my T1x to help balance the rifle.
The Nelson Precision rails are also a good option for the bravo. They mount through the polymer forend and into the backbone as well.
To answer the original question - I think the 9.5”-10” rails fit the bravo best.

^^^ This. I originally got the 419 rail for the Bravo and didn’t like how it attached. It was also a pain to install. I think the KRG rail is a much better option for the Bravo. I also added the KRG forend weight on my T1x to help balance the rifle.
The Nelson Precision rails are also a good option for the bravo. They mount through the polymer forend and into the backbone as well.
To answer the original question - I think the 9.5”-10” rails fit the bravo best.
Thanks - maybe I'll try the weighted rail from KRG. Appreciate the help!

Reactions: thelaststraw
I purchased a Nelson Precision 12" arca rail for one of my bravos. I was disappointed when I figured out it covers up the front action screw. Means I would have to remove the rail every time I wanted to remove the action from the stock. Seems silly they don't update their design to fix that. I emailed Nelson Precision pointing this out. Haven't heard a peep back from them.

I did hear back Nelson Precision. They said I'm the first person to bring this concern to their attention. They said a redesign is possible in the future but not sure when they can make time to get it done.

I purchased a Nelson Precision 12" arca rail for one of my bravos. I was disappointed when I figured out it covers up the front action screw. Means I would have to remove the rail every time I wanted to remove the action from the stock. Seems silly they don't update their design to fix that. I emailed Nelson Precision pointing this out. Haven't heard a peep back from them.

Drill a hole?

Reactions: Lead Ringer
I almost did. But I decided to give a spigot a try instead. I’m getting lazy in my old age and am gravitated towards plug and play designs. Plus I’m tired of bubba-ing my stuff.

Sorry to necro post here. Does your Area 419 Rail attach to the aluminum backbone of the Bravo or just to the plastic shell?

You can attach anything to the backbone if your screws are long enough. Not actually sure how you'd only attach to the plastic. The backbone has a ton of M4 holes tapped (and you can get by with 10-32 if needed).

Everything that runs off the bottom is designed to capture the plastic forend. The only things that you could get only on the plastic would be into the m-lok slots on the side that are for a sling or such.

Reactions: lowspeed_highdrag