• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arca Rail mounting : HS Precision Stock

mjphawk

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2013
Boynton Beach, FL
I have decided to add the Area 419 Arca rail to my gun. I am running an HS Precision stock that I have upgraded with a length of pull adjustment, cheek riser hardware, and Accurate Mag bottom metal.

The rail is made to have the front action screw go through the rail to hold the rail, DBM, and action together. Because the bottom of the stock / DBM isn’t perfectly flat, I have some concerns with getting repeatable torque and possible accuracy issues.

Aside from throwing the stock away, I would appreciate thoughts on if I need to install a new T-Nut to mount the rail or use the action screw. Thanks.

1F1F5151-0A03-4FD0-8EE4-7753CD06603E.jpeg

I had a customer with the same issue but with a manners stock. I just bedded the rail to the stock to make up the difference. Worked perfectly.

I have decided to add the Area 419 Arca rail to my gun. I am running an HS Precision stock that I have upgraded with a length of pull adjustment, cheek riser hardware, and Accurate Mag bottom metal.

The rail is made to have the front action screw go through the rail to hold the rail, DBM, and action together. Because the bottom of the stock / DBM isn’t perfectly flat, I have some concerns with getting repeatable torque and possible accuracy issues.

Aside from throwing the stock away, I would appreciate thoughts on if I need to install a new T-Nut to mount the rail or use the action screw. Thanks.

View attachment 6986590
I have the same problem. I just had a rifle built with a HS stock and now I need a good way to mount it to a RRS tripod with anvil 30 head. I want something solid that looks like it belongs there. I also want to be able to remove it without the stock looking all messed up. Did you come up with anything?

If you use the Henderson precision rail you can bolt right to the aluminum bar that runs through the forearm of the stock. Just drill and tap the holes and you should be good to go. I installed a few like that already. Works great. You can text me at 209 620 5268 for pictures.

Reactions: Diver160651
I see that Henderson Precision has a few options for mounting. What do you suggest for the stocks with the aluminum

I was looking at routing out a slot for an m-lok rail so that I could add an Arca rail to my Savage stock, then figured I could get away with just sort of bedding it with epoxy. Masked off the stock, scored it up, cleaned it, bolted it down with the two sling swivel studs and clamped the rear down, then once everything was set and solid I drilled and tapped the aluminum spine inside the stock to bolt the rear of the plate down. Came out great. Will be coating it soon, just waiting for the little bit of wet weather to pass through here.

IMG_4815 (1).jpgIMG_4811 (1).jpgIMG_4873.jpgIMG_4813 (1).jpgIMG_4814 (1).jpg

Reactions: RedDirtRifleman