• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arca rail on MDT LSS-XL Gen2 chassis

Mr. Wolf

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
Heartland
Anyone know why the Arca rail on MDT LSS-XL Gen2 are limited to 3.3“?
There appears to be more available space.
Are there other options outside of MDT for an Arca rail section?

TIA.

Last edited:
Reactions: spitfire_er
I put a 12" Area 419 Mloc rail on Abbie's Badrock rifle that uses the LSS-XL chassis. Had to mill off one of the locating tabs at the very front of the rail to fit as there is no Mloc slot there in the handguard. Otherwise fitment was spot on.

Reactions: Mr. Wolf
Anyone know why the Arca rail on MDT LSS-XL Gen2 are limited to 3.3“?
There appears to be more available space.
Are there other options outside of MDT for a o get rail section?

TIA.
They are not limited to the 3.3"

Go back and re-read and you will see that they offer different lengths that works on the XL
MDT Rail.JPG

Last edited:
I used the area 419 universal weighted system

image_1350.jpg
image_1370.jpg

I used the area 419 universal weighted system

View attachment 7592866View attachment 7592868
Thank you all for the info. The MDT website isn't very clear on that point. The area419 weight tunable Arca rail just might be the ticket in building the PRS rifle that could also fill the hike and shoot or hunting applications.

Punkur67 - beautiful rifle and build. What does she weigh as configured and in a lightweight set-up?

Happy shooting

Thank you all for the info. The MDT website isn't very clear on that point. The area419 weight tunable Arca rail just might be the ticket in building the PRS rifle that could also fill the hike and shoot or hunting applications.

Punkur67 - beautiful rifle and build. What does she weigh as configured and in a lightweight set-up?

Happy shooting
Thank you- The rifle currently weighs 18#s. I have not weighed it in any other configurations.

Reactions: Mr. Wolf