• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arca rail or spigot mount for krg bravo rimfire chassis

Bayou1535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
MW
I'm looking to put a arca rail and a bipod on a krg bravo chassis that I have set up for a rimfire and had a couple questions. I also looked at their spigot mount but believe it might be better to go with a rail due to setting up a tripod next. I see multiple arca rail options on krg's website and the one I believe I'll need is the regular arca rail and not the XL. I don't think I will need the heavy version either as this is on a 17. I will be going Atlas CAL for the bipod and I'm assuming the smaller height but there are three options there also. Looking for opinions on what works or a better mounting solution. I'm not going above atlas for the bipod, thanks.

I had an arca on my krgs but I never took the bipod off the spigot to use on the arca. With a bipod on the forend arca you cant fit a game changer easily.

^^^ this^^^ Bipod on a spigot as far forward as you can. The closer to the muzzle the bipod the less movement at the shoulder will affect aim. Arca rail on the forend is best for bag plates, tripod attachment, and the occasional stage where you do need that bipod mounted way back near the magwell.

That's how I have my daughters set up. Minimalist spigot also, it puts the bipod closer to the bore center line.

IMG_20201121_140240595_HDR.jpg

I have both a minimalist spigot with a picatiny and arca rail on the forend. I run a RRS proclamp on my Atlas PRS bipod so I can run it on both the spigot and put it on the arca when a smaller footprint is needed.

Reactions: CK1.0
Go arca, you can fit tripod to center of gun and move the bipod to fit multiple scenarios. One example is on top of a barrel where you can go modified prone, the other example is moving the bipod in close because you have to shoot at higher elevation.
I have a spigot but I barely use it anymore. The bipod can also act as a clamp between the mag well and your gamechanger to control some more recoil. It just depends if you want to take the time to measure it.

I have both a minimalist spigot with a picatiny and arca rail on the forend. I run a RRS proclamp on my Atlas PRS bipod so I can run it on both the spigot and put it on the arca when a smaller footprint is needed.
I run the same thing with a Harris, the RRS clamp is pretty cool. Plus, because it's both picatinny and ARCA, you can even throw the same bipod on other guns like AR's or anything else with pic-rail if you want.

For me, the bipod lives on the spigot 95% of the time and leaves me plenty of room for bags/barricade stuff under the forend, but the ARCA comes in handy sometimes.

I believe I'm going to get the smaller spigot but have a question. If I get the spigot for the bipod then I would have to get the arca rail also/afterwards to mount the rifle to a tripod/arca adapter? Basically if I go the spigot route I will also have to go the rail also.

I believe I'm going to get the smaller spigot but have a question. If I get the spigot for the bipod then I would have to get the arca rail also/afterwards to mount the rifle to a tripod/arca adapter? Basically if I go the spigot route I will also have to go the rail also.
You could always mount the tripod way out front where the spigot is.

The spigot is too far forward for my short arms. If I need to change the legs during a stage, it's cumbersome. I've began to use the ARCA rail much more for the reason. If I was shooting prone w/o moving, the spigot would be used. So, both. :geek:

The spigot also adds forward weight that helps with balance on my .22 lr.

Yes, if you want to use any spigot you’ll need both, if you go with the minimalist spigot you’ll need the RRS clamp that works with ARCA and pic rail, if you go with the ARCA spigot you just need an ARCA clamp.

You don’t have to get a spigot, it’s just nice because it gives you more room under the forend for bags/props and you can put the bipod way out there to get a lower center of gravity.

Thank you for the clarifying the two different spigots as I've seen the minimalists name used before but I assumed it was the same as the arca spigot mount. I'm looking at the the arca spigot mount and I will get a rail later if need be.

Now about the atlas bipod and which clamp options. I'm assuming the smaller of the CAL models (5x9) but which one as there are three. I see the area419 mentioned alot but I've also seen where adm has a arca clamp. I really don't foresee moving the bipod much if ever but would like to know if the knob on the area419 stays put or loosens up. I know there is the ckye also but thats getting up there in price and the atlas will suffice.

Thank you for the clarifying the two different spigots as I've seen the minimalists name used before but I assumed it was the same as the arca spigot mount. I'm looking at the the arca spigot mount and I will get a rail later if need be.

Now about the atlas bipod and which clamp options. I'm assuming the smaller of the CAL models (5x9) but which one as there are three. I see the area419 mentioned alot but I've also seen where adm has a arca clamp. I really don't foresee moving the bipod much if ever but would like to know if the knob on the area419 stays put or loosens up. I know there is the ckye also but thats getting up there in price and the atlas will suffice.
Get the rrs knob clamp instead of lever in any case. It can do both picatinny and arca in the same bipod head.

Cal and Harris versions of their bipod adaptor
8A4FEF39-2052-49FF-B9CA-2364DFCADA1F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Average guy

I run the ckye with rrs head.

Used a leftover pic rail (Moe spacing iirc) from the chassis on the minimalist spigot.

Full length ARCA rail underneath with a barricade stop bolted on.

I move the bipod all over the gun because I can. I don't have to make-due with anything because it can be anywhere..

Ok, I have the atlas narrowed to which one I want and I’ll be ordering it tomorrow as well as the regular sized krg spigot not the minimalist. So, now the correct rrs clamp to use. I checked there site and still a little unsure. After watching some vids and reading I know I don’t need the adapter-atlas to arca, but as far as the knob verse clamp. I would rather get the one to use on both a pic rail or arca. Am I correct that the lever model will not do the pic rail? The reason I like the lever is that I have a couple adm’s that are lever throws and they are sturdy. Seems like the knob would loosen up, don’t know. Thanks

Ok, I have the atlas narrowed to which one I want and I’ll be ordering it tomorrow as well as the regular sized krg spigot not the minimalist. So, now the correct rrs clamp to use. I checked there site and still a little unsure. After watching some vids and reading I know I don’t need the adapter-atlas to arca, but as far as the knob verse clamp. I would rather get the one to use on both a pic rail or arca. Am I correct that the lever model will not do the pic rail? The reason I like the lever is that I have a couple adm’s that are lever throws and they are sturdy. Seems like the knob would loosen up, don’t know. Thanks

You probably just need this one: https://soar.reallyrightstuff.com/BTC-Pro-Clamp-for-Atlas-Bipod

I have never had a problem with the knobs loosening and they're fast and easy once you get the hang of it. I have heard of guys having problems with the lever-type though, seems they work great on pic-rail (just like ADM's lever clamps), but apparently they're not so great with ARCA because ARCA specs are a little fuzzy amongst the different manufacturers.

So, last question on the spigot as I've ordered the rrs clamp and atlas. How often do you need to adjust cant while being prone? The reason I ask is because when prone my support hand/fist stops right at the end of the stock and appears that adjusting the cant while prone would be stretching it or bringing me up off the rifle. If I used the rail it would put the cant lock/lever in a more natural and easier reach. I understand and do want the bipod as far forward as possible. Thanks

With the atlas youll never truly lock it out, it just gets pretty stiff but you can still muscle it straight if need be.

Youll discover your own body anatomys restrictions, I cant speak for what I would do with short arms.

That’s the funny part, never thought I was short or had short arms lol. 5’11” - 6’ and regular looking arms lol. If that’s the case with still being able to muscle it then I still get the spigot. I haven’t measured but a arca rail to the end of my stock looks like it wouldn’t leave much room for a bag if the bipod is on the stock. This rifle is a 17 hmr that’ll I will only use to shoot off the deck and varmints anyways.

That’s the funny part, never thought I was short or had short arms lol. 5’11” - 6’ and regular looking arms lol. If that’s the case with still being able to muscle it then I still get the spigot. I haven’t measured but a arca rail to the end of my stock looks like it wouldn’t leave much room for a bag if the bipod is on the stock. This rifle is a 17 hmr that’ll I will only use to shoot off the deck and varmints anyways.
It’s 9” which is what a game changer is so no room for that with a bipod on it. I could fit and do the squeeze with a bipod with my pint sized but it sorta sucks compared to just being able to slap it down on the bag freely and press down to settle it without futzing with the bipod.

Makes sense about the forearm length as that’s what I was getting at. It looked like it would be cramped with the bag/bipod. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Now off to the vudoo thread to bug them guys about build questions lol

Not the best for PRS, but I run a small pic rail up front with a dedicated bipod (2 screw clamp CAL g2)

and have the shortest RRS MLOK plate in the back for usage on a tripod

instead of sliding the bipod back, I just toss the center of the rifle on top of a pint sized GameChanger when on a small surface/support. Bipod might be better/more options

but I already had the pic rail and bipod attached up front and just added the ARCA plate in rear for tripod use

seems to work fine, though a full arca rail and the $118 clamp for bipod would likely be a better solution.

I just haven't had any issues with mine. I do not compete PRS comps.