• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arca rail recommendations

fastarget

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2009
Western CO
Would like to add Arca rails to a couple of hunting rifles, will have to be the screw/epoxy approach since one is a winchester the other Browning Abolt so the kids can use them on a ballhead equipped tripod, any recommendations? around 3"-5" I would think.

Would like to add Arca rails to a couple of hunting rifles, will have to be the screw/epoxy approach since one is a winchester the other Browning Abolt so the kids can use them on a ballhead equipped tripod, any recommendations? around 3"-5" I would think.

i use both , excellent quality

Reactions: fastarget

Just to add if you want something a little longer (shortest is 7"), I'd recommend the RRS universal rail. I tend to prioritize products from the companies who create the standards that other companies conform to. There are options for various mounting styles from normal stock to M-LOK.

Area 419 makes great stuff

Attachments

• IMG_5485.jpeg
    IMG_5485.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 45

Just to add if you want something a little longer (shortest is 7"), I'd recommend the RRS universal rail. I tend to prioritize products from the companies who create the standards that other companies conform to. There are options for various mounting styles from normal stock to M-LOK.
Thanks, I like that , they can provide stock kits, Mlock kits etc as you require. Looks like I will be drilling and epoxying regardless, a little longer rail will provide less fumbling to mount.

Thanks, I like that , they can provide stock kits, Mlock kits etc as you require. Looks like I will be drilling and epoxying regardless, a little longer rail will provide less fumbling to mount.
Another aspect to those rails that I haven't seen on any other, is that the countersunk holes slide to various positions, so that mounting position is extremely flexible.

Area 419 makes great stuff

I like what Area 419 is doing, and they make a lot of quality products, but their rail presents a different platform that you have to commit to. So now the options are RRS's R-Lock vs 419 ARCALOCK.
You just have to decide which method you want to invest into. From what I've gathered R-Lock seems to be the way the majority of the industry is accepting as the standard. Even XLR is now integrating R-Lock into the forend of their chassis and the MDT ACC elite has it too I believe. I can't speak for the 419 clamps but the SC-ARC is fantastic.

That makes sense glad you mentioned chassis, It is important for our purpose to have the same platform for all the rifles, 4 without guest hunters. I plan to transfer my rifle to an XLR element to gut down on the weight, so having all the rifles with the same locking system will be the way to go.