• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Arca window mount for a gun. See inside

408w

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Western ny
Cannot seem to find what I am looking for. They make a mount that attaches to your car window for spotting scopes. Does anybody make one that will support a hunting rifle? I cannot/do not want a tripod in my hunting blind. My thought is if they make an arca window style mount I can clamp it to a piece of 3/4" plywood screwed to my tree house hunting blind and eliminate the need to try and use a tripod.

An arca tripod head rated for the weight of your rifle with some margin of error for recoil would be a good start. Just put a bolt in from the bottom to attach to 2x4.

Tripod Ball Head ULANZI U-80L Camera Quick Release Metal Ball Head Camera Mount Arca Swiss 360° Rotating with Quick Release Plate & Cold Shoe, 22lbs/10kg Load for 1/4" Tripod,Monopod,DSLR,Camera

SMALLRIG Super Clamp with 1/4 and 3/8 Thread for Cameras, Lights, Umbrellas, Hooks, Shelves, Plate Glass, Cross Bars, etc - 735

There are all kinds of camera clamp stuff, this could also help. RRS is top quality, but depending on your budget, you could do a cheap rig to see if you like it, before spending more.

Another option for you aside from our Multi-Clamp that I have helped some hunters with...

If you can inlet a 3/8" stud into your treehouse blind somewhere. You can screw a ballhead directly onto it. Just leave 3/4" of the thread exposed. I gave this idea to another hunter, now he has a GoPro mounted on the top, spotter and bino mounted to the side and a few spots where he can put heads on the bottom as well. Maybe a little more than most people would do but he was quite thrilled with the layout.

Reactions: sodakhunter
Do you want to have the rifle support mounting point within the blind so the barrel muzzlel is not external to any blind windows, sniper hide loop-hole-like, or position the mount on the window frame of the blind?

How far are you hunting that you need that over a decent bag? Or are you just wanting to leave it in the ready position w/out fear of it falling out the front of the blind?

Aussies often use these. Big solid foam blocks, with strong ass magnets in them. You can pan / swivel, and they dont blow off at 100km/h.
Im not affiliated with the website or thr product. Just experience.

Reactions: carbonbased
I purchased one these oben window mounts that has a universal stud on top, threw one one my anvils, works for gassing or shooting from window

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220319-153458_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220319-153458_Messages.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_20220319-153505_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220319-153505_Messages.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: Secant
Recoil from a 223 with a brake absolutely can and will break a window. I NEVER clamp to the glass.

Recoil from a 223 with a brake absolutely can and will break a window. I NEVER clamp to the glass.
I've not experienced that yet, will probably learn that lesson eventually. Could always throw my mini tac table and pint sized game changer on the window mount.

I had the regular vortex window mount that died on me. So I picked one of the vortex pro window mounts up and it's nice. I'm sure not nearly in the same league as a rrs one, but good enough for my spotter.

Having a look at options here, and the rubber pads / internal saddle are a must. Any metal contact to glass is not good. As long as there is a generous amount of padding, you should be ok.

My experience... Never on glass. Always wind the window completely down. Australia is much warmer at nights, so we can do that. Definately cold nights, but we have it good here.

Here are some ideas:

2BC9687E-2670-4A13-A48E-F6793059CDC5.jpeg

E21DD65F-9814-4959-A4E9-00AD3F27A811.jpeg

A32FF502-F1C3-470B-BDE7-51E92F345A92.jpeg

1E1CBC48-308C-4DC4-A6FC-6D006712F4E4.jpeg

The above are from Dog Gone Good, a small company that makes very tough USA-made items. Last I looked, Brownells sells some of their stuff, maybe shipping is more reasonable there especially if you’re a member (free): https://www.dog-gone-good.com/

Ok, now for some German stuff. I own a pan/tilt head from these guys, and their stuff is top notch. I know you want to attach to a blind…like to a 2”x4”? If you like Berlebach’s stuff, email them to customize it. Thinking if you wanted the window mount to open further. They may just do it, it’s not a huge place.

88EC4848-4BDF-44B2-A272-E1ECAECC94E9.jpeg
0AA00108-0FD3-4489-A1B9-CB45CE42C5CB.jpeg

5EC28269-AA90-4413-8434-904CE1D9C2E9.jpeg
CEC8731D-FFE9-403E-BA3F-16FA681B84C7.jpeg

B97FB935-E037-4C44-A0CF-4E4EA112B399.jpeg

38230CBF-8FEB-4310-BF60-55C21DE0E2D6.jpeg

And then you can move into grip equipment at BHphoto:

3B8FE5C0-7465-490B-901E-A8D87610CFEB.jpeg
3AC3F240-8813-472D-BBC1-C45C5EA69C24.jpeg

We don’t know what you’re attaching it to? If you can weld a 3/8-16 stud to something, a stout USA-made C-clamp would work (don’t use cheap clamps! “Mungo sad gun fall down and shoot foot” and all that).

Knock yourself out here: clamp with 3/8 stud

If it’s a tree stand with or without a railing, this sort of thing would work if you’re willing to control the buttstock. You buy a Primos Trigger Stick monopod and this $23 base and stick the monopod in it.

I have a Primos tripod and it’s pretty awesome. Got it for walking around and popping p-dogs with a 22LR, but now that I have a RRS TFC-34 I don’t use it because the RRS is several million leagues more stable. But the insta-height adjustment on that thing is amazing.

CFA0B202-30F9-4AC4-89F8-85CC919C318A.jpeg
AD4B8E76-B024-4767-AC28-F9C288B499CE.jpeg

Hell the Primos Y yoke pops off and you can attach a ballhead to that too via their own Arca-like plate (not nearly as robust, but plenty, I think, for you). Or use their two-leg version. Or clamp them to a low-wall and use the top for a ballhead.

In fact, that’s an interesting idea. Buy a good monopod and clamp it to the wall! I have this one for big camera lenses for sports shooting and man, is it well designed. Like, seriously amazing. Has super robust tripod “foot” that is detachable and iFootage’s own quick release is also amazing.

81AFA38D-0D61-4763-95B9-C74B7A3A9CD6.jpeg

Here is a review of that Cobra monopod. Seriously one of the most thought out pieces of kit, especially for videographers. I do believe they make a cheaper aluminum version too.

You can adjust the ballhead’s tension with your foot(!) and there’s thoughtful things like orings in the leg adjustment clamps. Why? So if you are in a hurry and want to extend or collapse it by popping all the clamps and just let the leg drop or collapse fast using its own weight, then there’s some cushion in the system.

iFootage is British designed but made in some Asian country (not Japan). Usually I eschew stuff like that (lookin’ at you Leofoto) but here’s an example of some actual innovation coupled with good materials and assembly.

Last edited:
Damn. Starting to wonder how I went all these years just sticking the rifle out the window and shooting from the door.

Throw a tatertot over the edge of the door if you’re scared of bumps. You don’t need all this fancy stuff.
View attachment 7831496
That car should be a Yugo. Like, “Yugo hunting brah with a tatertot.”

Found a pic of Spife in one lol

F512C8FB-974B-434F-9EFE-0C76D809053D.jpeg

Last edited:

I know these guys have a huge version which will hold an AI rifle. Ill get a pic and show it.

Perhaps this may be something to look into ?

Reactions: carbonbased
A gamechanger bag is the easy button IMHO. Window mounts are nice, but a GC bag gets the job done and is multipurpose. Let's be honest here, the GC is nothing more than a camera window bag, designed for shooters (where do you think the idea came from?).

Great way to shatter a tempered window. Please film it.
Funny story, rather unrelated. Back in high school, drinking in a buddy’s hopped up Trans-Am. You know, the Firebird 🔥 , the gold one with the huge stylized eagle-thing that covered the entire hood.

8FC916B0-F0B3-4875-BEC5-D0A781ECF829.jpeg

So it’s -30°F or whatever in fucking Fargo ND, but he’s driving and drinking and smoking and has the window rolled down a bit for the smoke to waft out. We’re all drinking like fish. Probably Olympia Wide Mouths or some cheap crap like that.

He’s trying to be cool and nonchalantly tosses an empty beer bottle over his left shoulder, out the window.

Except it clipped the window edge. The super-cold tempered glass simply exploded.

Then later that night I blacked out and puked in the passenger-side footwell lol.

Ah, high school.

Last edited:

I know these guys have a huge version which will hold an AI rifle. Ill get a pic and show it.

Perhaps this may be something to look into ?
They sure do :)

IMG_0002.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9998.jpg
    IMG_9998.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9994.jpg
    IMG_9994.jpg
    968.4 KB · Views: 65
Looks like the common base to CB antenna car mag mounts, but with a ball head attached.

I hope you don't like your paint, because even with neoprene covers on the magnets, they're a bear to get on and off flat metal surfaces (we used the same thing for temporary antenna mounts on Destroyers). I think the generic bases were something cheap; like $60. Then I fabbed up mounts using SpeeRail components and flat aluminum stock.

Ive got a small one for a gopro in the CNC. No issue ive seen, and also use it on a steel plate which clips into my tripod for range videos, also no problem.

The really big ones i guess are stronger, but they mount them on show cara with no issue ? No idea.