• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARCALOCK opinions?

ARCA or ARCALOCK?

• Total voters

awcmon

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2018
Just curious on people's thoughts and experiences with either system. There's plenty of threads around I know, but I like to see the numbers.

Some people claim that ARCA slips sometimes, so they prefer ARCALOCK, while others seem to say that for them, ARCALOCK slips, but normal ARCA works fine.

I tried running arca for 6 months and it just wasn't half as nice as ingenuity gunworks. It's slow and not smooth in comparison. Just to add a third option

I've got about 3 years using arca on rails added to stocks and built in on mpa chassis. Never an issue with 419 clamps, mpa clamps, generic clamps on either. The only time I could see it slipping is if you didn't tighten the clamp or got some out of spec cheap clamp. I've read some Chinese stuff not fitting well before. Some 419 stuff is worth the price, some aren't. I think arca lock falls in the latter

I like the Arcalock stuff on lighter recoiling stuff. I've had problems with the big boomers tearing up the teeth on the ArcaLock rails though. It's a good idea, though. Maybe steel rails would be more appropriate.

My RRS Arca rails and clamp slip when I do a lot of shooting. (300WSM) But I just use the supplied screws at the end as a stop. My 6.5CM slips a little as well, but nothing major.
As for the Arca lock. To many people talk about issues with it for me to even look at trying.

What we need, is something that combines picatinny rail with Arca. So you still have the ability to slide whatever you want across the rail, yet that solid lock up. When you open the clamp the bar that fits in the slots retracts so you can slide your barricade stop or whatever to the spot that fits best. Slots could be every inch or half inch maybe?
Or am I just crazy and this idea is dumb af.

Reactions: acudaowner
My RRS Arca rails and clamp slip when I do a lot of shooting. (300WSM) But I just use the supplied screws at the end as a stop. My 6.5CM slips a little as well, but nothing major.
As for the Arca lock. To many people talk about issues with it for me to even look at trying.

What we need, is something that combines picatinny rail with Arca. So you still have the ability to slide whatever you want across the rail, yet that solid lock up. When you open the clamp the bar that fits in the slots retracts so you can slide your barricade stop or whatever to the spot that fits best. Slots could be every inch or half inch maybe?

It would be hard to make without being bulky as hell, and you'd have to make sure the rail had wide enough lugs to not shear under recoil - which will add bulk.

Not sure what the issues people have had with ArcaLock, either. I've had zero issues with it.

Um. Like I already posted. Ingenuity gunworks. It's push button to move. It slides way smoother than arca and it actually takes the recoil of the rifle. You can run barricade stops that take the full recoil of the rifle without issue. I don't use the barricade stops anymore because a good bag is more stable but a magnum rifle couldn't do anything to it on a bipod

Um. Like I already posted. Ingenuity gunworks. It's push button to move. It slides way smoother than arca and it actually takes the recoil of the rifle. You can run barricade stops that take the full recoil of the rifle without issue. I don't use the barricade stops anymore because a good bag is more stable but a magnum rifle couldn't do anything to it on a bipod

The Adjustarail Rail system seems like a solid choice. I’m thinking of going that route over the ARCA for reasons you mentioned.

I've got a cheap Desmond rail and clamp from B&H on one rifle and it has never had a problem locking in place. Installing it on an XLR element was simple too.

The only time its an issue is with cheap arca components. All my RRS arca rails lock in rock solid. The cheap amazon rails can slide. Have one on my spotter and need to replace it. It was $7 vs the $50 RRS.

This is due to different specs and tolerances.

Bottom line, buy quality rails from known manufactures and you wont have issues.

Reactions: Stoweit