• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Archie Bunker

sdkidaho

Nobody
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2009
Idaho, USA
As I listened to the opening song for All in the Family, I couldn't help but think how true it was...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Boy, the way Glen Miller played.
Songs that made the Hit Parade.
Guys like us, we had it made.

Those were the days!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Didn't need no welfare state.</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Everybody pulled his weight.</span>
Gee, our old LaSalle (a car) ran great.

Those were the days!

And you knew where you were then!
<span style="font-weight: bold">Girls were girls and men were men.</span>
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.
People seemed to be content.
Fifty dollars paid the rent.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Freaks were in a circus tent. </span>

Those were the days!

Take a little Sunday spin, go to watch the Dodgers win.
Have yourself a dandy day that cost you under a fin (five dollar bill).
Hair was short and skirts were long.
Kate Smith really sold a song.
I don't know just what went wrong!

Those Were the Days!"</div></div>

Re: Archie Bunker

I agree with most of it, short skirts are fine by me. That was a pretty good show though, I remember watching it on reruns growing up every now and then.

I watched them first run. It was the best show of its time. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

My favorite moment was Achie and the Meathead sleeping in the attic (for what reason I can't remember) and Archie lecturing Rob that he shouldn't slide into tightly tucked covers from the head of the cot. He explained that he should have one side of the covers untucked so he could flap the sheets in case he passed gas during the night.
laugh.gif

They also debated if one should put on a sock, sock, shoe, shoe, or sock, shoe, sock, shoe.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Loved that show. Thanks ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sdkidaho</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Didn't need no welfare state.</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Everybody pulled his weight.</span></div></div>

When nobody danced upon the welfare stage
Cause back then most got paid a fair living wage
Those were the days

wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sdkidaho</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Didn't need no welfare state.</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Everybody pulled his weight.</span></div></div>

When nobody danced upon the welfare stage
Cause back then most got paid a fair living wage
Those were the days

wink.gif

</div></div>

What's a fair living wage?

Gloria was pretty hot back in the day. But then she got fat, went to Africa, and some starving tribe ate her.... or most of her.

That's straight from Wikipedia.