• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ARD for PRS

If you never shot with one, I would try it first and see if you like it, as they take some used to getting too. Though I do think a sunshade is the better option in my opinion for PRS/NRL shooting.

If you never shot with one, I would try it first and see if you like it, as they take some used to getting too. Though I do think a sunshade is the better option in my opinion for PRS/NRL shooting.

what takes getting use to?

i just started running one(MK machine ARD)to protect the objective...ive heard small rocks/debris from others brakes can chip or damage the objective and personally i do not care for sun shades.

ive looked through the scope several times while taking it off and on and do not see a huge difference but i bet it would reduce light in enough that youd want to remove it if using the scope in low light conditions.

what takes getting use to?

i just started running one(MK machine ARD)to protect the objective...ive heard small rocks/debris from others brakes can chip or damage the objective and personally i do not care for sun shades.

ive looked through the scope several times while taking it off and on and do not see a huge difference but i bet it would reduce light in enough that youd want to remove it if using the scope in low light conditions.
Some people say the see shadows or it makes view darker with an ARD. To me, I have no issues with them and do use them, but some do that have used my scopes that have them installed.

Reactions: LR1845
Some people say the see shadows or it makes view darker with an ARD. To me, I have no issues with them and do use them, but some do that have used my scopes that have them installed.
makes sense as they do reduce light and i guess it depends a lot on the ARD...i guess the MK ARDs have a little larger holes...not sure thats true just what i was told.

makes sense as they do reduce light and i guess it depends a lot on the ARD...i guess the MK ARDs have a little larger holes...not sure thats true just what i was told.
When I spoke to Jeff Huber he recommended the MK machining ARD over the Tenebraex ARD dues to hole size. I just had a ZCO repaired from rock chip due to muzzle break blast. I have the MK machining ARD on it now and can see no difference, still crystal clear. No shadow issues.

Would the ARD help with Image quality when shooting in super heavy mirage? I know some f class shooter use OBJ reducers to limit this. BUT don't know anything as a fact.