• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are Accuracy International .338 Lapua rifles capable of Sub-MOA groups out of the box?

WickedMemory

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2013
Oh hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and this is pretty much my first thread.
So, I was asking, Is AICS Reliable? Does it need to be bedded? Are AI Rifles in .338 Lapua capable of sub moa groups?

I was thinking, What should be the best rifle for long range shooting in .338 Lapua, the AI AWSM or Some Remington 700 trued action with custom stocks and bedded etc..

(I'm asking all those questions here because I can't find much information about their rifles, I only find about their stock system AICS stuff)

So yeah, Thanks for your time ;)

Are you asking about a AICS based rifle or a actual AI AW rifle?

I'd skim bed a AICS one, and you can't do shit to a actual AW.

Oh hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and this is pretty much my first thread.
So, I was asking, Is AICS Reliable? Does it need to be bedded? Are AI Rifles in .338 Lapua capable of sub moa groups?

I was thinking, What should be the best rifle for long range shooting in .338 Lapua, the AI AWSM or Some Remington 700 trued action with custom stocks and bedded etc..

(I'm asking all those questions here because I can't find much information about their rifles, I only find about their stock system AICS stuff)

So yeah, Thanks for your time ;)

They dont need to be bedded as the reciever is permanantly bonded to the chassis. Reliability wise, they are as good as it gets.

Thank you.

[MENTION=19109]WhiskeyBravo[/MENTION] Wow thanks for that link, I swear searched before asking. I used google but few things came up.

[MENTION=27374]poison123[/MENTION] Yeah sorry, I made the thread a little bit confusing (My bad) I only really care about AI AW Products.
I talked about the AICS because of the 'bedding' thing.

[MENTION=31880]Ring[/MENTION] Thanks, My bad.

Thank you all.