• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are all ugga duggas created equal?

madppcs

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2011
    Forest hill, Louisiana
    Im getting a pneumatic 3/8th drive cause im tired of cycling batteries. This is for light mechanic work on vehicles and ATV/UTVs

So far my choices are Ingersoll and Dewalt

Wtf is an Ugga Dugga?

I assumed you were talking about dudes with bones in their noses?

Sirhr
    I think he was referring to these.....
    downloadfile-4.jpg

Ugga Dugga is a highly technical unit of measurement
    used in the vehicular maintenance business...

Oompa loompa is an adjective used to describe a person who overindulges in fake tans.

• Haha
    Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    Ok… I learned something new.

I work on British stuff, so we refer to Bollicking, reefing and bollywhopping. Those are the Whitworth terms.

Ugga dugga-ing must be SAW or Metric.

Thanks for the lessoon!!

Sirhr
    If you work on British stuff, then you know an Ugga Dugga is produced by a windy gun.

You’re not using a quality impact if you are going through batteries doing “light work.”

I could take apart and put back together a whole fucking Jeep on a 12v Milwaukee 3.0 ah battery, switching between a stubby and a right angle impact. Including full skids and wheel bearings.

if you want a pneumatic then just get one. They’re all very similar in 3/8s. I mean, we are talking 3/8s here, not 3/4 or even 1/2. I don’t think torque is going to be something you’re concerned about….

Just look at tool warranty and ease of warranty.

Edit: as well as air pressure requirements and make sure you have a compressor that can keep up.

Ya I said ingersol to answer your question but both the above post are correct. If it’s not a Milwaukee then who knows but my 18v Milwaukee 3/8” impact is my go to for everything and I use a 2.0 & 4.0 and it’s basically always up to any task and last forever. I even remove lug nuts with it etc etc etc.

Shit, this guy I got just a year or so ago after my Milwaukee died. This dewalt 921 fucks.
    Easily pulling 400 lb ft break away. Even 2.0 in this thing are solid for a full day.

Attachments

• C1B3EB60-5B89-4AE9-80B2-F02D6B3700BC.jpeg
      C1B3EB60-5B89-4AE9-80B2-F02D6B3700BC.jpeg
      498 KB · Views: 50
    You’re not using a quality impact if you are going through batteries doing “light work.”

I could take apart and put back together a whole fucking Jeep on a 12v Milwaukee 3.0 ah battery, switching between a stubby and a right angle impact. Including full skids and wheel bearings.

if you want a pneumatic then just get one. They’re all very similar in 3/8s. I mean, we are talking 3/8s here, not 3/4 or even 1/2. I don’t think torque is going to be something you’re concerned about….

Just look at tool warranty and ease of warranty.

Edit: as well as air pressure requirements and make sure you have a compressor that can keep up.
    Im mostly buying a set of air tools because I already have a compressor to run everything. My Dewalt stuff is old and on its way out. Its not going to replace anything, im just gonna have both

Look into Air Cat. There Air Cat 1355xl is a beast. I would take it any day over the Ingersol impacts. I have a 1250xl 1/2 drive at home and it’s great. You cat get the 1355xl for under 200 bucks.
    I use Matco and Snap on stuff at work.

Reactions: madppcs
    Im mostly buying a set of air tools because I already have a compressor to run everything. My Dewalt stuff is old and on its way out. Its not going to replace anything, im just gonna have both
    I have an air compressor too, it fills a purpose, but dragging hoses, coiling hoses, stuck on a tire hose, air compressor noise and the worst LEAKING fittings!!! Ugh, its enough to drive a man mad!

Oops forgot one, draining the compressor tank or forgetting to and it rusting the tank….

Outside of the drawbacks of air, to get the most out of the tool, you’ll need to be able to pull the spec CFM too, say like 90-100 psi and around 3 CFM for most 3/8ths. I’d like to exceed minimums.

I still oil my air tools. I like my stuff to last, but air compressors are annoying in my opinion. More so on nailers and on roofs.

That said, I don’t have a dog in this. I own a ton of brands, battery and pneumatic. It doesn’t matter to me what people use.

However, I secretly laugh at people who spend personal money on snap on battery tools lol

Outside of the drawbacks of air, to get the most out of the tool, you’ll need to be able to pull the spec CFM too, say like 90-100 psi and around 3 CFM for most 3/8ths. I’d like to exceed minimums.

I still oil my air tools. I like my stuff to last, but air compressors are annoying in my opinion. More so on nailers and on roofs.

That said, I don’t have a dog in this. I own a ton of brands, battery and pneumatic. It doesn’t matter to me what people use.

However, I secretly laugh at people who spend personal money on snap on battery tools lol

I haven't found another battery powered ratchet that compares to snap on, but other than that, I'd agree with your statement

Reactions: Matches Malone

I run a 3/8 and 1/2 snap on electric stuff. Have for a lot of years. I have never had one fail on me. Been a heavy equipment mechanic for 16 years. But I repeatedly watch guys with Milwaukee stuff have to send stuff in for warranty or it break. Milwaukee in my eyes is over rated. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Not really 😂

Reactions: Charger442
    Have run a 3/8 and 1/2 Snap On pneumatic for nearly a decade now. Starting to look kinda shabby but still work great.

Reactions: Mooseknuckles
    I run a 3/8 and 1/2 snap on electric stuff. Have for a lot of years. I have never had one fail on me. Been a heavy equipment mechanic for 16 years. But I repeatedly watch guys with Milwaukee stuff have to send stuff in for warranty or it break. Milwaukee in my eyes is over rated. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Not really 😂
    Why would my feelings be hurt? :)

Is it a snap on ownership thing, to have a ego so fragile? Haha you spend all that money on the tool trucks and have to take to the internet solely to defend its good name or your purchase decision?

Don’t feel bad…the Milwaukee guys are almost as bad.

Sounds like you’re a shitty mechanic too. The OP who is clearly amatuer wants something for a atv and “light work” and you recommend a 3/8ths with 700 nut busting? Wtf:rolleyes:

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Mooseknuckles
    Also depends if you're using it to make a living, or using it a few times a month

When I was in the shop, most of the guys have switched over to electric. Not having to deal with the hose, and all the other issues that goes with it is a huge plus other then the cost. The tech make money with them so it's just a fixed cost for them having to replace and buy new batteries or tools once in a while. It was rare at the shop of 30+ techs to see anyone bring out a pneumatic tool to use other then airing up tires, using it to pressure up a specially tool or blowing stuff out.

IR is tough to beat for air, been using their 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 guns for years.

Battery tools weren't that common when I was turning wrenches. I use a mix of both at home now, just got a 3/8" fuel impact with the 5.0 batteries.

Whoever used the ugga dugga on my brake calipers obviously counted to 10, not even 5. For F's sake. When you almost break a Snap-On breaker bar...well....10 ugga duggas. I'll try to find out what brand it was, since I know who last put calipers on.

Reminder...this is why I usually try to do my own work.

Wtf is an Ugga Dugga?

I assumed you were talking about dudes with bones in their noses?

Sirhr
    It's like this. My worn out 1/2 impact has a specified torque measurement. Run it tight and three ugga duggas, 90 foot pounds. this has been verified with a torque wrench on more than one occasion.

I have a matco 3/8 impact that I would be willing to rehome. Bought it and literally never used it

Milwaukee 3/8 and 1/2 drive. The only time I drag out the air hose is for the 3/4 and 1 inch drives.

Reactions: Simonsza1
    Y'all gonna roll your eyes but I gotta say this. 30 years running pneumatic impact wrenches and the tinnitus sounds like a tornado siren. Ingersol makes a series of quiet impact guns, worth a few extra. For 3/8 in. ditch the hose.

Y'all gonna roll your eyes but I gotta say this. 30 years running pneumatic impact wrenches and the tinnitus sounds like a tornado siren. Ingersol makes a series of quiet impact guns, worth a few extra. For 3/8 in. ditch the hose.
    The die grinder whine is the worst

You’re using shitty tools if you don’t like your cordless stuff. I picked up a Milwaukee M12 fuel 3/8” stubby impact last year and it’s the shit. It doesn’t eat through batteries at all and the stuff it’ll take off is insane. It took the lug nuts off my F-250 that were torqued to 150ft lbs almost 4 years ago and has sat.

Dragging hoses around blows. I did that as a mechanic for years. Now air is only for blowing stuff off and running stuff like an air chisel or something.

Reactions: Simonsza1