• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Are Ar-stoner barrels made by Bear Creak Arsenal?

i556

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018
Huntington , New York
These barrels look strikingly similar. I was considering purchasing one but wanted to make sure I don't pay additional for a name, thanks
Ar-stoner
BCA

Sure looks like those are very similar... as for buying one... did you read the reviews at MidwayUSA ?

To much of a crap shoot for me to buy one.

Sure looks like those are very similar... as for buying one... did you read the reviews at MidwayUSA ?

The most common complaint I saw was short chambering. Because of that, I wouldn't get a melonited one. But if I happened to have a reamer, I might take a chance on stainless.

I have been considering one myself, since I do have reamers.

Reactions: bfoosh006

I agree. As for barrels. Stainless steel button rifled barrels are expendable and should be replaced, so I usually won't spend more then $150. i prefer chf barrels for consistency and chf stainless good too. The deleted post stated the barrels were made by satern. I believe satern makes brownells barrels but I didn't think they did midways barrels

The deleted post stated the barrels were made by satern. I believe satern makes brownells barrels but I didn't think they did midways barrels

You are correct, and that's why I deleted the post.

The most common complaint I saw was short chambering. Because of that, I wouldn't get a melonited one. But if I happened to have a reamer, I might take a chance on stainless.

I have been considering one myself, since I do have reamers.

From what I have seen... in general BCA "seems" to use their barrel "tools" past their practical service "life"... this batch happened to be the chamber reamers, the next batch might be the crown cutting tool / the pilot into the bore...

No offense to anyone at all, and this is not directed to anyone at all... but IMHO one of the last places you should cut pricing corners on is the barrel.

You'll probably end up spending any money saved on a bargain barrel, just trying to make the danged thing shoot.

And unless you are using the cheap barrel as a blaster range firearm... why wouldn't you want it to be a decent shooter ?

Buying a better barrel ( more accurate ) increases your range time learning curve. You'll spend less time wondering if the cheap barrel missed, or if you did.

You don't need a $500 barrel, and you don't need a super cheap barrel... just like a cheese burger, the cheapest usually sucks... a super expensive one is nice, but rarely better then one made by someone that pays attention.

More money spent on at a well respected barrel manufacturer, greatly increases the odds of said barrel being a shooter.

And since most people will rarely wear out a barrel... you'll get years of pleasure shooting that more precise barrel.

And... if I had the time.. I'd love to buy 5 of these bargain barrels and just to test them out, and see what comes of it.

Danged adult responsibilities get in the way of fun.... Lol

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
From what I have seen... in general BCA "seems" to use their barrel "tools" past their practical service "life"... this batch happened to be the chamber reamers, the next batch might be the crown cutting tool / the pilot into the bore...

No offense to anyone at all, and this is not directed to anyone at all... but IMHO one of the last places you should cut pricing corners on is the barrel.

You'll probably end up spending any money saved on a bargain barrel, just trying to make the danged thing shoot.

And unless you are using the cheap barrel as a blaster range firearm... why wouldn't you want it to be a decent shooter ?

Buying a better barrel ( more accurate ) increases your range time learning curve. You'll spend less time wondering if the cheap barrel missed, or if you did.

You don't need a $500 barrel, and you don't need a super cheap barrel... just like a cheese burger, the cheapest usually sucks... a super expensive one is nice, but rarely better then one made by someone that pays attention.

More money spent on at a well respected barrel manufacturer, greatly increases the odds of said barrel being a shooter.

And since most people will rarely wear out a barrel... you'll get years of pleasure shooting that more precise barrel.

And... if I had the time.. I'd love to buy 5 of these bargain barrels and just to test them out, and see what comes of it.

Danged adult responsibilities get in the way of fun.... Lol
The thing I noticed about the BCA barrels is that the gas port is spec'd at .082 for many of the 308's. Others at .093. So the gas ports are a bit tight, but that means you can open them up to suit you.

Not every rifle needs to be match accurate. These might be good blasters. BCA has some great sales going on right now. I wonder if it has anything to do with ICE arresting most of thier workers a while back? ?

The thing I noticed about the BCA barrels is that the gas port is spec'd at .082 for many of the 308's. Others at .093. So the gas ports are a bit tight, but that means you can open them up to suit you.

Not every rifle needs to be match accurate. These might be good blasters. BCA has some great sales going on right now. I wonder if it has anything to do with ICE arresting most of thier workers a while back? ?
I hear ya. For a cheap build I've seen them for 38$. But when I want a nice target rifle, if it doesn't shoot sub moa it doesn't interest me at all.

I have one of the SDMRs from midway that I bought a few years ago. The thing is a shooter and made by Satern. I bought a 6.5G barrel this past fall and it’s mediocre at best. So I’m guessing it’s a BCA. Money flushed down the toilet. I’ve got 2 6.5G barrels coming from ARP on Wednesday. I’m sure they’ll shoot well and they were $30 more than the Midway/BCA barrel.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
I have never purchased a "cheap" barrel...but I actually have thought about it recently. Maybe I will try one of those...build the cheapest rifle possible projects and see how it runs.

Yep they are made by bca, rxer, let me know how it goes, I don't have a problem with bca, I think their barrel prices are normal as opposed to cheap but they are known to go as long as possible without changing tooling and occasionally it shows.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-223339.png
    Screenshot_20190314-223339.png
    501 KB · Views: 150
I got the 2 BCA LR308 barrels yesterday. I got a 20 inch parkerized chromoly and a stainless 16 inch. The parkerized one headspaced, but I haven't installed it yet.

The 16" didn't headspace (short chambered), which is exactly the issue many have complained about with AR Stoners and BCA's. It's no skin off my nose, I have a reamer. But this is exactly why I didn't order one of the nitrided barrels, they are hell on reamers.

No way really? I was about to order a 14.5" nitrided barrel. I may just order a BA from arm or ally.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-231350.png
    Screenshot_20190314-231350.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 134
I got the 2 BCA LR308 barrels yesterday. I got a 20 inch parkerized chromoly and a stainless 16 inch. The parkerized one headspaced, but I haven't installed it yet.

The 16" didn't headspace (short chambered), which is exactly the issue many have complained about with AR Stoners and BCA's. It's no skin off my nose, I have a reamer. But this is exactly why I didn't order one of the nitrided barrels, they are hell on reamers.
The barrel is chrome plated?

I have a BCA barrel in 6.5G that shoots sub moa with good hand loads. I also have 2 .223 wylde BCA barrels that shoot minute of bad guy no matter what ammo I use. The two .223 wylde barrels also have high (20+ fps) velocity SD numbers even with quality ammo that is single digit SD in higher quality barrels.

Oh I know, I've seen some good shooting bcas, but I've also seem the opposite, my bca had jagged edges in the feedramos which erked me. It was too raised to polish as well.

To answer your question though, that AR Stoner looks just like my BCAs.
Bergara has overstock M4 profile barrels for $95 if you’re just looking for something cheap.

To answer your question though, that AR Stoner looks just like my BCAs.
Bergara has overstock M4 profile barrels for $95 if you’re just looking for something cheap.
Nice, that's tempting, I was really looking to build a 14.5" and pin the barrel with an immitation a2 flash hider, I'm in NY. Thank you ranger, Im a big fan of Bergara.

Last edited:
Reactions: camotoe