• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are CMMG's muzzle threads concentric?

0311@LAR

Supreme Allied Commander
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2012
Ohio
Just like the title states, what are the odds that my CMMG 300 BLK upper has concentric muzzle threads? I don't have the guts to screw my Ti can on the end of it and start blasting away to see if they are, or not. Any one have any luck with their factory threads, or any baffle strikes?

I have a cmmg 300 blk upper that I use my thunderbeast 30-P on and have no issues with (no supressor strikes). Mine is a 16" 1in7 wasp coated barrel. If i remember right when i did my research on them they were concentric. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
In my experience with them, YES...they are indeed threaded concentric to the bore.

HOWEVER...if you are concerned that yours may not be for some reason or you want the peace of mind of knowing "for certain," there are some high quality smiths that can check the concentricity for you for ~$25 + S&H both ways. Steve and the guys at ADCO are one good source. Mailing to them from our locale usually only takes 1-2 days and their turn-around for something like that will only be ~2wks at most if you can live without it for that long. Not sure of anyone in the Ohio County or surrounding areas that can do the check for you while you wait, but might be worth a call around to some local smiths in the area to see what they can do for you.

Good luck!