• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are PCCs "rifles" per this forum?

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I hope PCC carbines (not "pistols') qualify here as rifles.
Last November(2021) I bought a RUGER PC chassis carbine. Then I began upgrading it, which turned out to be fun but more upgrades than originally planned. So yeah, "upgrading guns" is addictive, as we all know.
UPGRADES: 1.) M*CARBO-> ALL their internal and external parts for the PC 2.) MAGPUL->K-2 pistol grip, Angled Forearm Grip, MS4 sling, MOE 1/4" high cheekpiece (aligns my eye exactly with teh AEMS reticle). 3.) TACCOM Delrin snap-on flared mag well 4.) HOLOSUN AEMS circle/dot enclosed sight

SO... after all those fun upgrades I stumbled on Steel Challenge shooting on YouTube and later found two events PER MONTH in the Las Vegas valley. Bought a few thousand rounds of CCI 115 gr. 9 mm ammo and began practicing. Now I'm signing up for an event. Will I end up needing a 12 step program to quit Steel Challenge? Hope I can afford this and my club's monthly long range "varmint" competitions. As the kids say, YOLO.

I hope PCC carbines (not "pistols') qualify here as rifles.
Last November(2021) I bought a RUGER PC chassis carbine. Then I began upgrading it, which turned out to be fun but more upgrades than originally planned. So yeah, "upgrading guns" is addictive, as we all know.
UPGRADES: 1.) M*CARBO-> ALL their internal and external parts for the PC 2.) MAGPUL->K-2 pistol grip, Angled Forearm Grip, MS4 sling, MOE 1/4" high cheekpiece (aligns my eye exactly with teh AEMS reticle). 3.) TACCOM Delrin snap-on flared mag well 4.) HOLOSUN AEMS circle/dot enclosed sight

SO... after all those fun upgrades I stumbled on Steel Challenge shooting on YouTube and later found two events PER MONTH in the Las Vegas valley. Bought a few thousand rounds of CCI 115 gr. 9 mm ammo and began practicing. Now I'm signing up for an event. Will I end up needing a 12 step program to quit Steel Challenge? Hope I can afford this and my club's monthly long range "varmint" competitions. As the kids say, YOLO.
It's a sickness.....
But I do not know of or have a cure.

Steel Challenge a "gateway drug" hmmm? Sounds good!
Been hunting but in September I'll be done and ready for Steel Challenge.
There a LOT of 9 mm PCC guns out there, a LOT! My God, everyone with a garage is making them.
But the best I've seen is the Brugget and Thomen PCCs with the hydraulic buffer to soften recoil. Very simple and more durable than the H&K MP5 bolt rollers. (But kinda homely.) ;o)

I have talked down on mine, but I had a load of fun with it yesterday. I think one big reason it seems to kick so hard is I have a box of 147g I started shooting out of it. Its pretty smooth with my reloads and 124g. I switched it from fixed irons to pop ups and a red dot. Someone left a target at the range at the 50y line. It was like a 15" circle with a 3" bullseye. They hit the target twice out by the edge and gave up it looked like. I beat the bullseye out of it for them shooting off hand. I wish I had a can for it though.

Reactions: MadDuner
I have an SP5 with a YHM R9 and iron sights that is just to damn fun. I have though about switching it out to a B&T but i keep waffling on that.

I have an SP5 with a YHM R9 and iron sights that is just to damn fun. I have though about switching it out to a B&T but i keep waffling on that.
B&T is AWESOME.. but imo the MP5 is simply the best smg/pcc ever made. I’d absolutely give a kidney for a MP5/10mm! Or better yet, one in 9x25mm Dillon😱
About to have one of the Turkish Century/MKE MP5’s here very soon