• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are Seating dies universal???

D1gger

GDI
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 12, 2017
    Staunton, VA
    So I think we used to have a Stupid Reloading Question sub forum, but that's long gone-this probably should go there!
    I'm looking for Dasher dies, a lot of places are sold out or backordered or they just simply don't have what I want. I'm a fan of the Redding Premium die sets with the FL sizing die and the micrometer seating die, but I have been unable to find them for the Dasher. As I was cleaning my 6 Creed dies yesterday, I wondered why that same seater would not work for the Dasher? I will be using the same 105 Hybrids, and I don't run the brass to the shoulder in the seater die, and the case diameter should the same or very very close according to the SAAMI drawings. In my mind-this should work. What am I missing?

Some are some aren't. It just depends, can screw down the seating stem far enough to work. Redding dies may not be the best choice for a universal seating die, I think they are cut to conform to the shape of the case. Hornady seating dies are universal, you just need the caliber specific seating stem. I.E. you get the same seater with 6 creed, 243 win, or 6BR. ITs the same seater with a different seating stem as you would get with 308, 6.5 Creed, 22-250 hornady dies.

iu

Reactions: D1gger