• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are the mark ii tr accutrigger the same as the

arrowslinger#1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
KY
www.google.com
Are the mark ii tr accutrigger the same as the ones used on it's bigger rifles? I plan to do a little work on it this winter on snow days while I am off work. I was just wondering, I hear how great the accutrigger is on big guns, the one on my tr has a bit of creep, other than that I like it.

Re: Are the mark ii tr accutrigger the same as the

Well, I don't know if every part in the trigger control are EXACTLY the same, but I do know that the principle is the same. I know, no big whup there, but if there is any difference between the rimfire and the centerfire, it would probably be in the size of the internals and not so much as different parts. JMHO.

i'd ASSume so as savage has a tendency to use one part for several applications.

kind of like the volkswagon bug of the rifle world.

I don't about the center fire Savage.

My nephew's .22 seems is pretty for a $200 gun (bought 2-3 years for Xmas).

Put I never think like it was a Anschut or one from CZ or well tuned on a Ruger (.22).

If were setting up a big bore Savage, I would look at Rifle Basix.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arrowslinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the mark ii tr accutrigger the same as the ones used on it's bigger rifles? I plan to do a little work on it this winter on snow days while I am off work. I was just wondering, I hear how great the accutrigger is on big guns, the one on my tr has a bit of creep, other than that I like it. </div></div>

I think it is the same trigger, but they put different springs into it that make it heavier than the centerfire version or varmint centerfire version.

I think the rave reviews come from guys who are happy with their rifles.

My "Accutrigger" experience was with the 93 .22WMR- and it was an unimpressive experience. I thought the trigger was better than some, a lot worse than the best- somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Anschutz blows it away.

If that trigger doesn't represent "Savage Accutrigger", they should not sell it as such.

Yeah with all the really good reviews about the trigger it just makes me think I may have a dud ???

I love the accutrigger on my 93. If you would like to get rid of the creep there is a shim and polish sticky Here that can help you do so. Out of the box it is better than all but the true match triggers and with work and time can be made to have zero creep and less than 1lb pull. Will it ever be a super match style trigger? Nope, but it was never meant to be. People comparing $300 guns to $1500 Annies is ridiculousness. There are not even in the same category on anyone's list.

Here is another link that will show you how to further modify it for your tastes. Accutrigger tuning.