• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Are the Parallax Numbers and Magnification numbers important in LRS? Noob Question #3

MikeD987

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2013
Waco, Texas
The question came across my mind when I was thinking of spraying my optic would it been okay if I covered my numbers? Are the magnification numbers important that I need to help calculate any of my shots? It is a FFP optic. Will the parallax knob numbers be important to help calculate any of my shots? Or is it just there to help me focus better?

These noob questions are what pop up in my head. Again I still have never had any classes on this new hobby of mine but have signed up just pending to take the class.

I wouldn't paint over them, in saying that, they're a guide only. Speaking of Parallax.

As stated they are just guides, and most likely incorrect anyhow. There are very few optics where the paralax is actually accurate. For example an SnB or Kahles but my experience is that even those are off after 500 to 700 yards. So I wouldn't worry about it.

That's what I figured but I think it would look nice if I changed them out for different colors than the Tan on my SnB. It's going to cost me as much as a Low end AR scope but I think it will give it a unique look.